How should we handle false accusations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
    In some form or fashion, make an entry into the log just in case something does happen or supervision gets a snit.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill
    Put it in your "separate" log only, because keeping little details like that can bite one in the ass should it get to court, and logs are submitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren
      Put it in your "separate" log only, because keeping little details like that can bite one in the ass should it get to court, and logs are submitted.
      Warren: You are correct about the court problem. However, having a separate log will back-fire to since any smart attorney will ask about it during your deposition. Just 'file' it.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

That is true. A lot of courts will toss any information that both sides didnt have equal access to.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

He said; she said accusations should be dismissed if there isn't corroborating evidence to support the allegation. The accused shouldn't have the burden of proof. I know that it doesn't always work like that in the real world, but there are too many bold face liars with an axe to grind to accept a charge on face value.

People have been known to file a false police complaint/affidavit for crimes that are difficult to disprove, like battery, peeping Tom, etc. The next thing you know, you have a message on your answering machine asking you to speak with an investigator who may be more than willing to 'fish' for any so called 'evidence' so that a judge is willing to sign off on a warrant.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X