NAPSOA as a Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAPSOA as a Business

According to NAPSOA President Kevin Jordan, the organization is "taking a new direction" and starting a security company in Florida, with an attached security academy.

Mr. Jordan has not made a statement regarding the primary focus and mission of the organization, or how the incorporated organization can enter into a security firm business for itself. Mr. Jordan has also not made comment on how the security business was or will be funded.

This leaves alot of questions to be answered, such as how a security officer association can enter into the industry as a provider, using the term "NAPSOA Security," nor how operating a security company would futher realize their stated goals, or "raise the standards of the industry."
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

This is just sad. I had high hopes for NAPSOA. Kind of makes you wonder what they did with all the dues members have paid? I am glad I am no longer affiliated with them.

Comment

There seem to be two camps on NAPSOA. Those in Florida, and those not in Florida. I'm waiting to see Colin Sparks, the NAPSOA VP's, take on this. Since he's in Washington.

Also strange is that the only Kevin Jordan in Florida's Security Licensee Database has a D license, from 2005. This makes him inelligible to manage a security company, as he does not have the required experience. They will require a manager with a M license to actively oversee operations.

Again, we'll see what they're doing. I've already flat out offered to volunteer to do their napsoa.org website, because what it does now is scare me. Geocities scares me. I'll be throwing up the new CS website soon, ie: after I can get my girlfriend off my work PC. People think working at home is so easy. I positively have my PC from 9 AM CST to 6 PM CST. After that, she uses its mighty power to play Neverwinter Nights, while I use her Linux laptop to browse forums, or one of the other laptops.
      Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 03-15-2006, 10:11 PM.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Someone noted this post, and I feel the need to address it.

After doing some research, and contacting Kevin B. Jordan directly, it was determined that he has the required credentials to actually manage a security company under Florida law.

Basically, there's three Kevin Jordans in the FL database, and I picked the wrong one.

In other news, I seem to be the Wisconsin Advisor for NAPSOA.

From what I can see from my vantage point, there is some good information sharing and discussion going on in the organization - between members and administration, members and members, and advisors and advisors.

We'll see how the organization pans out under the new leadership, which I guess I am part of now, on a statewide level. However, I do know that I haven't seen anything bad. I can't really discuss what I have seen, due to a NDA, but there is a new sense of organization that seems to have been missing from the old association.

They're actually doing something.

Comment

N.A.

You got a link to thier website by chance?

Comment

have you check out change493.org it a website dedicated to florida security officers. right now there is abill in the house and the senat that if passed would make it a felony to strike a uniformed contract security officer. oh, yea the website for napsoa is napsoa.com
            "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
              have you check out change493.org it a website dedicated to florida security officers. right now there is abill in the house and the senat that if passed would make it a felony to strike a uniformed contract security officer. oh, yea the website for napsoa is napsoa.com
              Pretty soon, the look for NAPSOA.com will change. Something about some website firm doing pro-bono work for the organization or something. I know what built it right now, so look at the content, not the presentation - they just wanted something up, not something that looks good.

Also, yes, Florida folks should check out change493.org. Griff, have you filled out the survey yet?

Comment

yes sir i have it looks like they want to do it like south carolina i hope we dont have to go to the pd academy to gain the powers though.
                "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Peace Officer powers will most likely require a POST certification. If your going to play with the CJSC, you'll have to play by their rules.

I doubt it'll be the full PO course, though. However, the higher man-hour rate for a sworn peace officer should mean that companies should have more lattitude in training folks. Ie: Sponsorships.

Of course, they'll have to issue armor and other things, due to the fact that your now in an occupation OSHA believes has an occupational hazard from weapons fire.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
                    Somebody linked me this a long time ago, and if I remember correctly that has gone into effect.

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security
                      Somebody linked me this a long time ago, and if I remember correctly that has gone into effect.
                      They're doing more. Changing the 9mm law was just the start.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X