Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need input on a situation ("false arrest")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by jakeslife
    I e-mailed HR because my supervisor told me to.

S/O's frequently enter the office (guns are kept in the dispatch room) to pick up site keys, radios, etc.
    Its time to go, man. Every little thing you do, they're going to use it to nail you to a wall. I hope your looking now, and not before your terminated.

If your state allows them to communicate "why" you were terminated, its better to quit, have your paperwork, and explain to your next employer that you voluntarily left the bad enviornment.

If they can't, be sure they will anyway. Security company owners are a gossiping bunch.

Leave a comment:

• jakeslife
    replied
    I e-mailed HR because my supervisor told me to.

S/O's frequently enter the office (guns are kept in the dispatch room) to pick up site keys, radios, etc.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by jakeslife
    One other thing they did was remove my Armed Guard License from me this morning, over another unrelated incident. (A site officer was standing near my gun locker while I was right there preparing for work. He appeared to reach into it and touch my personal weapon, and I reported this to HR.) They described my not securing the locker as a "woeful breach of safety" even though I was in the immediate vicinity, with my hand inches from the locker.
    Dude, bee-ware. It seems people there have some sort of plot against you. I would get out of there if I were you. What kind of business does a site officer have near your locker and why would he do such a thing? It seems supervisors and guards were gossiping.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Yes, try to keep a copy of everything that relates to this incident.

Leave a comment:

• jakeslife
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Don't put yourself through a period of low self esteem now.
    This is hard to do. I not only work full time, but go to school full time, freelance web design, and sleep for a few hours a day. I am paying most of my own way through school, and have considered withdrawing in case I need that extra $300 a month, which would come in handy...this is not an option for the strong "me" though.

I know that I did not do anything wrong. Everyone who has seen my NOA and reports on the matter are on my side, save for those who wrote the NOA. In fact, I would be willing to provide this documentation to a future employer who questions the situation.

Leave a comment:

• jakeslife
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Ledgerwood
    First off, let me say to Jake that I in no way think you did anything wrong. Infact you acted very professionaly it appears. You are a victim of the greedy b***h and the state. Don't take it lying down, fight back as much as you can. Remember this state does not respect its citizens, only the money generated and our laws show that. Good luck to you Jake, and if you feel like it submit an application for Boeing
    I have admired Boeing Security for quite a while...they are obviously better trained, well paid, secure, and have access to better equipment...their company is a serious one, not a joke.

I heard they were hiring recently, but I have not found a way to submit an application, no information on a web site, etc. Is there a contact number you can PM me with?

One other thing they did was remove my Armed Guard License from me this morning, over another unrelated incident. (A site officer was standing near my gun locker while I was right there preparing for work. He appeared to reach into it and touch my personal weapon, and I reported this to HR.) They described my not securing the locker as a "woeful breach of safety" even though I was in the immediate vicinity, with my hand inches from the locker.
    Last edited by jakeslife; 03-17-2006, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    As for Jake, this definately sounds like a company you will want to drop out of. If you need help finding another company, drop me a private message with any specifics or details, such as work enviornment, pay rates, location, etc... and I will see if I can dig anything up for ya.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    I have to ask, what's a "Notice of Allegation?" I take it that your state is not "at-will" and they have to serve you with a formal reason before terminating you, and have a "hearing" and all that, with the union rep present?
    Many employers want a paper trail of the actions taken up to and including the termination, even if the state has an 'at will' law. It's just one more step to protect them from a lawsuit.

Sadly, if this company does fire Jake, the woman will simply be encouraged to do it again.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    hahaha... no worries here

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
    I am? Thats a first.
    Don't put yourself through a period of low self esteem now.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ledgerwood
    replied
    First off, let me say to Jake that I in no way think you did anything wrong. Infact you acted very professionaly it appears. You are a victim of the greedy b***h and the state. Don't take it lying down, fight back as much as you can. Remember this state does not respect its citizens, only the money generated and our laws show that. Good luck to you Jake, and if you feel like it submit an application for Boeing

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Ah wait a second, you're correct.
    I am? Thats a first.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Actually, from what I always learned, WA does have a "citizens arrest". In which a citizen may detain someone for the commission of a felony in their view or on.... I forget the term.... but lets say my partner is entering a room, Im hanging outside the door, my partner sees some guy bashing in another persons head with a hammer, when the guy sees my partner he bolts. My partner goes to the aid of the victim and advises me to attempt an apprehension. I forget the legal eagle term of this... I think its like a "good faith" or something like that. Basically, even though I didnt witness the act myself, I have, on good faith that my witnessed a felony, I can make a detention on that basis. (With this, you are walking a VERY fine line in Washington, and I dont advise anyone to make a "citizens arrest" on this basis.)

Merchants in Washington State are also given the authority to appoint an agent of the store to apprehend and detain persons for crimes against the property (and I believe people) of the merchant.

I havent studied any of this for a long time... maybe it is time for me to look into it again.
    Ah wait a second, you're correct.
    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.16.020
    That covers "arrest" for felony, pursuant to delivery to a public officer (police or magistrate), force to protect a person, and non-forcible detention for trespass.
    According to the section for trespass, the checking of id was completely appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Im trying to post the RCW, but it is not posting the whole thing...

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.16.020

here it is anyway.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Actually, from what I always learned, WA does have a "citizens arrest". In which a citizen may detain someone for the commission of a felony in their view or on.... I forget the term.... but lets say my partner is entering a room, Im hanging outside the door, my partner sees some guy bashing in another persons head with a hammer, when the guy sees my partner he bolts. My partner goes to the aid of the victim and advises me to attempt an apprehension. I forget the legal eagle term of this... I think its like a "good faith" or something like that. Basically, even though I didnt witness the act myself, I have, on good faith that my witnessed a felony, I can make a detention on that basis. (With this, you are walking a VERY fine line in Washington, and I dont advise anyone to make a "citizens arrest" on this basis.)

Merchants in Washington State are also given the authority to appoint an agent of the store to apprehend and detain persons for crimes against the property (and I believe people) of the merchant.

I havent studied any of this for a long time... maybe it is time for me to look into it again.
    Right, but that form of detention is not arrest, it is use of force (paraphrasing) to prevent the consequences of a violent act or of theft, which is covered under separate statutes. This may include handcuffing, but according to what I saw, you have to have witnessed everything and it has to be perfect or they'll hang you out to dry.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X