No announcement yet.

Wackenhut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aw, and I thought he was a FT Law Enforcement Officer. I mean that's what I understood, you know, full commision and all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GCMC Security
      Aw, and I thought he was a FT Law Enforcement Officer. I mean that's what I understood, you know, full commision and all that.
      If he is, it's the first time I remember hearing that.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

• Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
        I am a full-time law enforcement officer. Peace officers and police officers both enforce the law.
        Ok, this made me wonder. Do you get HR218 carry approval, and Federal Law Enforcement Officer Death Benefits under US Law?

The term "sworn law enforcement officer," under US law, really means "sworn law enforcement officer working for a city, state, or federal agency, empowered to carry firearms, make arrests, seek warrants, and give orders in the name of their jurisdictional government."

Peace Officers, Constables, Conservators of the Peace, Special Police Officers, and others are usually not included in the federal definition of a police officer.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

No, if I were armed at work HR 218 would not apply to me. You're right, peace officer doesn't fit the federal definition of a police officer, which is why I would never call myself a police officer.
          It sounds like they codified what Wisconsin used to do in the 1970s and 1980s.

Take some guys, run them through a small abbreviated course, arm them under the constitution (Anyone can open carry), call them "campus safety" or "campus police" officers, and turn them loose with red and blue lights on a state college.

During the 1980s, there was a problem between the State, a State Judge, and the Teamsters. The judge noted that these officers were agents of the Regents of the State University, and not a private police department, and therefore must be sworn as public LEOs. They all lost their jobs, had to go through WI POST, and only a few got their jobs back. The Teamsters backed em, and they got their jobs back as non-sworn at sworn pay.

To this day, there is a state in WI law that says private police must be regulated by the state, and further statutes indicate that private police are considered "security persons."

Sounds like, in your state, they simply made all the public colleges police officers like Tennsix, and made the private colleges have constables or peace officers, like you.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

No, if I were armed at work HR 218 would not apply to me. You're right, peace officer doesn't fit the federal definition of a police officer, which is why I would never call myself a police officer.
            Then I rephrase my question....when I asked if you were a LEO I meant are you a Police Officer or Deputy........

Comment

• Negative Ghostrider, The Pattern Is Full

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
              I am a full-time law enforcement officer. Peace officers and police officers both enforce the law.
              Last edited by Tennsix; 03-31-2006, 04:49 PM.
              I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
              -Lieutenant Commander Data
              sigpic

Comment

• Is this the rest of the story?

Comment

• First off, good job to Tennsix for exposing EMTFirefighter. EMT, heres some advice for you You are not a sworn police officer by anymeans and as a former reserve officer myself, I do not want to hear you identify you as such. You are a campus safety officer (if that). Putting the handcuffs on a college student for MIP is not arresting them. Another thing EMT, I have noticed in your posts you tend to put people down and throw your opinion around as if it were gospel. A suggestion, you might want to consider how you word your posts. With that said, I wanted to give my thoughts on a couple of topics. First off, $9.00 / hr. for police is not necessarily bad. It depends on the cost of living in your area. Here in Everett, your crappy run down piece of crap house goes for $150,000 so $9.00 wouldn't cut it. Ive met a few people from other states whos cost of living is so low that that would be a decent pay. Also, the bank security got me thinking and I personally don't care if a bank has armed security or not. A bad guy will commit a crime regardless of police or security presence depending on how desperate they are. I have seen and heard stories of cops and security being executed. Lets face it its a dangerous profession and the only way to stay alive is to be smart and observant. With all that said, congratulations to the person who passed their CPO test for Wackenhut (14 pages later I can't remember the name ) hope you have fun and stay safe.

Comment

• I concur. Good job to Tennsix. This has to be the "Troll Bust of the Year" in my book at least. I know I commended this in another thread, but you deserve it!

For someone to come around and act as if they are better than everyone else because they "have" powers no one else does... even if they dont... well, it just bugs the hell out of me and is one of the few reasons people dont look at security for the profession it is. You get these overzealous people that think they know somethin 'bout somethin and it ruins it for the rest of us.

again good work Tennsix, we all owe you a drink.
                    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

• Busted

You have the right to remain silent.....

Comment

• Thank-you TENNSIX for exposing a poser and bringing the truth out.

EMTFirefighter, You are a liar and sad person to put others down to make yourself feel good. And as a EMT-Paramedic i will say you are a disgrace to the EMS profession as people like you tend to falsify reports to cover up their incompetency. If not incompetent, then you portray it.

Do not post on any of my threads I start because I am ashamed of you calling yourself an EMT-whatever.

Comment

• WOW. I knew the guy was a jerk but I didn't know he pissed off this many people. I had simply started ignoring him and skipped reading any posts or replies he put up. Guess my doing that and not being on those other lists caused me to miss some good drama.
                          Hospital Security Officer

Comment

• EMTFirefighter

He made an apology and retracted many of his claims on a different thread. Personally, I have decided to let the matter drop.

Comment

• I hold grudges. I rarely drop them.
                              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

• Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                                I hold grudges. I rarely drop them.
                                They can get heavy.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X