No announcement yet.

Wackenhut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the support guys! I wish to be in no firefight any more than any sane person would be. However, criminals know that security, armed or unarmed, are expected to observe and report so the poteintial of them eliminating a guard is near 100%. I WILL NOT BE DEPRIVED OF MEANS TO PROTECT MYSELF! I am mature enough and seasoned as well (LE time) to let an "peacefull" robbery go on and leave. I told them about the other BS due to being done that way for far too long in other companies that run all over their employees and I feel I am too old to put up with it, as they tout "CPOs" being too few and too desirable.(Yeah, riiigghhtt!!)

Once again thanks for sticking up for me bros!

BTW, I honestly don't know the answer to the Hollywood Bank Q, I would be in all probability be killed! BUT AT LEAST I WOULD HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO LIVE!!
    Last edited by medic15al; 03-15-2006, 06:39 PM.

Comment

How often do you see a bank robbery like that of North Hollywood. One in a million. Most robberies are a simpleton who walks up to the counter and demands money in a meaningless tone or by note. It is even becoming more rare to see the "This is a stick-up! Everyone put your hands up!" Robberies are becoming more and more discreet and the presence of a professional guard, standing there with a handgun, IMO, will make a lot of these robbers think twice before hitting that particular establishment.
      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Your mom is a joke.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

mdb's remarks demonstrate a naivet

Comment

mdb's remarks demonstrate he or she is naive that I can honestly state I

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
              Play nice, children...

Also, I like the smokey bear hat way better than the damn baseball cap. Your at work, not at the ball park.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                How often do you see a bank robbery like that of North Hollywood. One in a million. Most robberies are a simpleton who walks up to the counter and demands money in a meaningless tone or by note. It is even becoming more rare to see the "This is a stick-up! Everyone put your hands up!" Robberies are becoming more and more discreet and the presence of a professional guard, standing there with a handgun, IMO, will make a lot of these robbers think twice before hitting that particular establishment.
                Admittedly, the Hollywood robbery is an exception. In addition, it is true that having an armed guard may deter the robber who pretends to have a weapon or explosive device and quietly slips a note to the teller. Nevertheless, many banks are not interested in taking on the additional liability of having an armed guard on the premises. The money is FDIC insured and can be replaced. If an armed guard encounters an armed robber(s) and chooses to engage the suspect(s), the only way the robber(s) can preserve their freedom is to counter the guard(s) with a gunfight. Not a good situation in the best of circumstances.

An unarmed guard can deter the robber who plans to rob a bank by actively looking for indications that the bank is being cased. If the robber feels that he has been observed as a suspicious person, it is unlikely that he will attempt the robbery. If he does and the unarmed guard is not a physical threat, the last thing that most robbers want to do is 'turn up the heat' by murdering the guard.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                  Also, I like the smokey bear hat way better than the damn baseball cap. Your at work, not at the ball park.
                  I'll second that.

Comment

N.A. wasn't trying to insult you. He was just 'busting your chops.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                      N.A. wasn't trying to insult you. He was just 'busting your chops.'
                      Actually, if I were trying to insult him, I'd have to insult Wackenhut Lawson, as well. And since insults are against the (few) rules of this forum, that would be bad for all concerned.

However, please. u r mom jokes are old, even as an internet meme.

And, to summarize, I do not have a business plan. This is one of the reasons I only have one "real job," and not two.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I like the CPO uniforms, but I think the hat is a bit much.

Comment

The hats are easily identifable, which is good in public events or crowd control issues. Even the bus driver hats are useful. The Texan Steston not so much, but the Sheriff hat that the south likes is also useful.

Comment

Before the company I currently work for created an in-house security department they contracted with Wackenhut. During the transition period my boss and I were tasked with interviewing the current Wackenhut guards for employment with the new in-house department.

The Wackenhut post commander applied for my job but was not selected; however, I did decide to interview him for a shift supervisor position.

He came to his interview (which consisted of my boss, the HR manager, the plant manager, and I) wearing his "full dress" Wackenhut uniform, complete to the straw-stetson-type hat and a gold whistle suspended by a gold chain. The post commander rank there was lieutenant, and this guy wore BIG gold lieutenant bars on both shoulders, both collar points, and on the front of his hat. A hint to those currently seeking employment; DO NOT wear your uniform to an interview!!! It makes a horrible impression, especially if your uniform looks as ridiculous as that Wackenhut uniform did.

Anyway, this guy was pretty much sunk just because of his appearance even before he opened his mouth but his answer to the following interview question put the final torpedo into him:

Q: "Tell me about a time you had to blow the whistle on someone?"

I think that everyone here knows what is meant by this question and the response we were looking for. The guy concentrated for several seconds and you could practically see the wheels turning in the guy's head when his eyes landed on the bright, shiny whistle hanging from his pocket and he answered:

A: "Once there was a back-up of trucks coming into the facility, so I had to blow my whistle while I was directing the truck traffic."

Does anyone think that he got the job?

Comment

Do not wear your employer's uniform to interview for another company. That is... common sense. Not even wearing your big police uniform is going to be impressive to a client, because your trying to LEAVE THAT JOB

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
                                No business plan, yet you're already picking out vehicles, badges and uniforms. Someone's putting the cart before the horse...
                                Nope. Lining up vendors is part of the business plan, showing available assets and liabilities for pre-launch. It also helps establish brand identification.

Oh, and the insurance carrier requested the information as part of the insurance. I rarely sit down and write a formal business plan, usually I just start operations. SBA would like a business plan, a detailed one, to include exactly what I'm spending their money on. Down to vendor names and estimates.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X