Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Bay Security Stops "Graffiti Plot"

Green Bay, WI:
    A security officer on patrol found two teenaged boys painting a wall with graffiti and caught them after a foot chase, bringing the "plot" to a close.

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=4567647
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

notice how when he identified himself as a security officer they said lets run.
    had he been a cop they wouldnt have
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Yeah I know. The arrest was still just as valid though.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

i know, i had a guy try and tell a cop i illegally detained him for disorderly conduct because i wasnt a cop and i didnt have the authority to do that, the cop told him i sure as hell had the authority and tostop running his mouth. according to that police officer a security officer(private citizen) could detain for any crime committed in his or her presence or a felony out of their presence. but remember to the public we are all wannabes and have no authority.
        Last edited by bigdog; 03-12-2006, 12:44 AM.
        "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
          Depending on the area, Bigdog, they run from the cops too. Here in Kenosha, they are too busy fearing that the police will shoot them to run, though. No, I'm not kidding.

In WI, private security/guard/police companies have full arrest authority as private citizens of Wisconsin, to include arrest for breaches of the peace, detection of felonies, and ordinance violations committed in presence.

We can enforce city, county, and state law. Only thing we can't enforce is federal.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
            I wouldn't answer that question until both of them were secured in handcuffs, because its not tactically safe for me to stand there jabbering with them.

Also, this is not impersonation, because I will advise them what's going on afterwards. Good articulation here, such as, "Your under arrest. Give me your hands. Stop resisting," etc works. Since private persons can arrest in this state, you must use that term when effecting an arrest.

After they're hooked up, you can have the talk with them about your authority and whatnot. Hook em up first.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

The Penalty

The article related the following: "Luckily for the boys' parents, who will likely end up covering the cleanup bill, this security official caught them early in the night."

I'd rather have the boys clean it up themselves during their summer break and have the parents pay for expenses incurred for the supplies and supervision while they have 'fun' cleaning up.
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X