first day on the job stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first day on the job stories

my first job was at the bull riding.i was on the vip gate,people had to have a certain colour arm band on to get in i was getting sick of people that knew they werent allowed in tring to just walk straight past so when i seen this lady come walking quite confidently towards me without a band i stood right in front of her and asked to see her band she pulled her police badge out and showed that to me.it turns out she was a licensing sargent that i had heard quite a bit about.it turns out she thought i did a pretty good job keeping people out but i still havent lived that one done seen as all the male guards just happened to be in that area and seen the whole thing.

For me, it was getting locked outside on the fire escape of a large building in NYC in the middle of winter with no coat. I got lost on tour, went through a door and let go of it. Of course it locked and I ended up climbing the fire escape checking each floor, hoping for an unlocked door. It was not to be. I climbed up to the roof of the 10-story building and climbed down a ladder in the elevator machine room till I reached an opening on the top floor. Once I got on the floor, I realized that I had set off the burglar alarm and the other 3 guards were trying to find the "intruder." This was in 1983 and we were not equipped with 2-way radios. Needless to say I looked like
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

First day on the job? That was pretty boring. I spent the shift with a 400 pounded guard who told me about how to fill out a log and how to "make rounds" inside a building and fill out a log. God, how I wanted the night to end.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X