Stab Resistant Vest(s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stab Resistant Vest(s)

I work in a hospital setting. Our only self-defense item we carry is pepper foam. Does anyone know a good stab resistant concealed vest available? Concerned more for needle/knife stabbing than ballistic protection. Thanks for your help.

They make vests for this application. Check the major Law Enforcement dealers like Galls, Streichers, etc.

I work in hospital settings, and would recommend wearing a regular ballistic vest on duty.

In 1987, an old Safariland 16 layer kevlar vest saved me from injury when I was slashed across the back with a Buck hunting knife.
    I know a ballistic vest won't always stop a stabbing attack, but is better than nothing for slash attacks and attacks from people who don't have the strength to push a knife through a vest. And you'll have protection in case someone attacks you with a gun!

Just my personal opinion, I'm sure other hospital officers here will have some good advice, too.

Good luck, and be safe.
    "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

I agree with 714, a ballistic vest will help a little with edged weapons, but I would rather it be able to stop a bullet.
      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Originally posted by jayb0252 View Post
        I work in a hospital setting. Our only self-defense item we carry is pepper foam. Does anyone know a good stab resistant concealed vest available? Concerned more for needle/knife stabbing than ballistic protection. Thanks for your help.
        Jay, please read all the threads. This item has been discussed extensively.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

I personally would stay away from the "Vest Friend" line of stab resistant vests. They are made of a series of polycarbonate panels but unfortunatly the spacing leaves your center mass and many vital organs exposed.
          I cant be a vegitarian... I love the taste of death!

Comment

Originally posted by Badge714 View Post
            They make vests for this application. Check the major Law Enforcement dealers like Galls, Streichers, etc.

I work in hospital settings, and would recommend wearing a regular ballistic vest on duty.

In 1987, an old Safariland 16 layer kevlar vest saved me from injury when I was slashed across the back with a Buck hunting knife.
            I know a ballistic vest won't always stop a stabbing attack, but is better than nothing for slash attacks and attacks from people who don't have the strength to push a knife through a vest. And you'll have protection in case someone attacks you with a gun!

Just my personal opinion, I'm sure other hospital officers here will have some good advice, too.

Good luck, and be safe.
            Spot on!!!

Comment

Clarification

I was just trying to find out if anyone had purchased a certain brand of vest that they were happy with or really liked.
              Thanks to all who have posted.

Comment

I got an undergarment knife vest from http://bulletproofcanadians.com/.

It, uh, works I guess.

Comment

vests

i was wearing a vest my undercover police friend gave me. After sharing story's about working hospital security, he said.."you need this more than i do"...

a couple of weeks later, found a suicidal female we had been searching for who had eloped from the E.R. she was laying on a bench facing away from me.

i moved her foot to wake her up.and she came up and stabbed me with a plastic fork...it did not break..it bent...if i had not been wearing a vest..i might have got a ouchie!

stay safe!

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X