Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think This Is Grounds For Termination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Enforcer
    replied
    Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
    Wow. Just... wow.

Resume-updating time. Seriously, keep your opinions to yourself at work.

And pray the customer doesn't sue, or worse, go to the media.
    To make it clear, I did not personally call the guy a faggot; all I did was tell him to leave his purse up front. Only women are allowed to carry purses in the store. Otherwise, any bag is to be left up front until the person leaves. I was simply upholding the store policy. My comment was made the following day during a conversation.

Leave a comment:

• CameraMan
    replied
    Wow. Just... wow.

Resume-updating time. Seriously, keep your opinions to yourself at work.

And pray the customer doesn't sue, or worse, go to the media.

Leave a comment:

• Security
    replied
    Are you kidding me? Has justice been done?! You are a lawsuit waiting to happen! I'm sorry, but if I was your superior, I would have terminated your employment immediately.

Some people, I swear...

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Just my opinion here, but if I were the head of LP for the chain - you would not be allowed to work in any of the stores of the chain.

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post
    Of course, the lesson to be learned here is to keep your damn mouth shut about certain things because "the walls have ears."

So what does everybody think? Do I deserve the boot or had justice been done?
    I think you need to learn to keep you opinions to yourself. You are just asking for trouble with what you did.

Leave a comment:

• The Enforcer
    started a topic Do You Think This Is Grounds For Termination?

Do You Think This Is Grounds For Termination?

I work as a uniformed contract guard at a dollar store (will not disclose agency or store) and this Monday, a gay guy walks in with a purse. As he was a 'man' I told him to leave his purse up front until he finishes shopping. He protested my request and ended up leaving. The next day, during a conversation with the cashiers, one of them brought up the incident, saying that what I did was uncalled for. To this I responded- "I don't want any ********s in the store anyway." This is my opinion because I feel that regardless of what people do in bed, it does not justify them to manifestly display their homosexuality. All should behave according to their sex for the society to run in an organized fashion. Plus, that guy had his priorities mixed up; he had a purse, yet at the same time he was wearing a beard (Butch, Fem)?

Here is the problem: The store is undergoing remodeling with several corporate people helping out. Apparently, one of them overheard my comment. I know this because I saw him trying to get ahold of the chain's LP department on his phone. I immediately sensed what it was about and called the Account Manager (my boss). He said that what I did was very serious and if the Area Vice President caught wind of it, I would be gone.

I was very distressed by this. I only have seven months with my agency (the length of my security career) and until I put in at least a year, it would likely diminish my chances of getting hired on to a different one. But thankfully I found out I am off the hook (sort of). I called my boss about my schedule for the upcoming week, being a floater guard, and he said that the guy's phonecall to LP was indeed related to my statement. The only repercussion for me was that I am banned from guarding this particular store (don't know if a permanent ban). All it means is that he will switch me around with somebody else and I will guard a different store(s) on the corresponding days. Of course, the lesson to be learned here is to keep your damn mouth shut about certain things because "the walls have ears."

So what does everybody think? Do I deserve the boot or had justice been done?
    Last edited by SIW Editor; 08-18-2008, 04:21 PM.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X