Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think This Is Grounds For Termination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been away awhile so this is continuing the resurrection here, but I'll respond to the original posting.

I would have terminated your employment immediately. While in an official capacity, you have no public personal opinions, anything you say can and will likely be considered the opinion of your employer and / or the client for which you are contracted to.

Your job is to represent those entities in a professional, unbiased fashion for the duration of your employment. You don't have to agree with everything you see, but you do have to treat everyone with respect. Whether you spoke poorly of them to their face or behind their back is immaterial.

I live and work in the south, and while change works slowly, most people are becoming more accepting that not everyone fits into the little box others try and place them in.
    "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

• Originally posted by SecureTN View Post
      I've been away awhile so this is continuing the resurrection here, but I'll respond to the original posting.

I would have terminated your employment immediately. While in an official capacity, you have no public personal opinions, anything you say can and will likely be considered the opinion of your employer and / or the client for which you are contracted to.

Your job is to represent those entities in a professional, unbiased fashion for the duration of your employment. You don't have to agree with everything you see, but you do have to treat everyone with respect. Whether you spoke poorly of them to their face or behind their back is immaterial.

I live and work in the south, and while change works slowly, most people are becoming more accepting that not everyone fits into the little box others try and place them in.
      I'm not & was not then a public official or commissioned law enforcement

This is actually one of the reasons why I never became a cop; that I have to regard some kind of deviant as an equal, deserving of protection - & treatment as if they were normal folks

I don't care if my opinion reflects that of my firm or their clients' - in fact it's a good reflection to make: that they apparently have some sanity left, lol

In fact ur the 1 being biased if u terminate me because my stated opinion comes from strongly held religious beliefs, which in turn shape & mold my values

Comment

• How did I miss this thread? LOL

Wowzers

Comment

• Everyone has their own opinions on morality and what is right and what is wrong, however, you have to remember that this is the year 2021 and there isn't an employer out there in these United States that is going to let your actions fly. I'm not passing blame and I'm not pointing fingers... I'm just making a statement of fact. Now that you're employer has been made fully aware of what has happened and the circumstances behind it, if they retained you and something like this happened again they could be looking at a major lawsuit. There are all kinds of lawyers and special interest groups waiting to jump down some corporate entities throat for something like this. That being said, if you haven't been terminated already by the time you read this, my best guess is that you will be terminated shortly after. On the flip side, they could just reassign you to some sort of administrative position where you are not dealing with the public but that is doubtful. Best of luck.
          Last edited by oathkeeper2013; 02-27-2021, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Oh snap, i didn't see the OPs original posting date lol. Soooo, what ever happened?? 😁

Comment

• Originally posted by oathkeeper2013 View Post
              Oh snap, i didn't see the OPs original posting date lol. Soooo, what ever happened?? 😁
              Just got called into the office for a talking-to

Don't know if I was written up; didn't sign anything

I still work retail security, albeit armed, and nowadays if I come across a situation like that, I usually just get the manager & let them decide how 2 proceed

But people like that still give me a good chuckle (purse & beard lol)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X