Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Former" Security Guard Faces Rape Charges

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Former" Security Guard Faces Rape Charges

    New Jersey:
    An individual who is a former Teterboro Airport security guard faces sex charges for the abuse of three girls who are described as relatives and daughters of family friends.

    http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...d2cWVlRUV5eTI=
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

  • #2
    Ooh wait a second, he's not the only one.
    I don't think this one made the news on the other website.

    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....188bdb98.html
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

    Comment


    • #3
      Why is it that AP has to bring up that someone who happened to have been in security 1, 5, 20 years ago is a "former security guard?" Is it me, or do they have a ... penchant for security?
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

      Comment


      • #4
        It is because even as a Security Officer it is a position that demonstrates responsibility, respect, and prestige.

        Mostly uniformed positions, it shows that this Criminal at one time wore a badge and was responsible for people's safety and protected property. - What the AP is trying to show is that even those who wear or wore badges committ crime and believe me the feed on this because it is a big human intrest story when any person in any type of law enforcement goes south and becomes a criminal.

        In the end it's all about news ratings.

        Comment


        • #5
          Read my second posting. It is about a veteran cop who was arrested for rape charges, the victim being a 14 year old relative. The pervs come from all ages and backgrounds, scarily enough. Funny thing is, I don't see anybody on these forums discussing that guy.
          One of us gets arrested for doing that sort of thing: "see what I was talking about? Those guys are unstable. How could such a person be hired to do that job?"
          One of them gets arrested for the same thing: "well it's still under investigation and since I wasn't there I really can't form an opinion one way or the other. It's entirely possible and probable this officer had someone make up a false complaint on him. They should probably make a mental evaluation of the little girl making the complaint."
          "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 1stWatch
            Read my second posting. It is about a veteran cop who was arrested for rape charges, the victim being a 14 year old relative. The pervs come from all ages and backgrounds, scarily enough. Funny thing is, I don't see anybody on these forums discussing that guy.
            One of us gets arrested for doing that sort of thing: "see what I was talking about? Those guys are unstable. How could such a person be hired to do that job?"
            One of them gets arrested for the same thing: "well it's still under investigation and since I wasn't there I really can't form an opinion one way or the other. It's entirely possible and probable this officer had someone make up a false complaint on him. They should probably make a mental evaluation of the little girl making the complaint."
            Us = Sworn. Municipal, County, State, Federal. Public Authority.
            Them = Citizens who are not employed by public authority and are non-sworn.
            Shortcut Wannabe = Specials, Reservists, Peace Officers, Conservators of the Peace, and other privately owned agencies that hold peace officer or police status.

            I had a cop note that in Maryland, most Special Police Officers are "glorified guards who can't even arrest, only detain for the real police."

            I like some of the guys on O.com. Some are alpha hotels, but they'd still be alpha hotels if they were on this site, and when they retire, they'll be alpha hotels on this site.

            But I never forget, and neither should anyone else, that unless your a municipal, county, state, or federal sworn LEO with a public agency, the more "high speed" guys will consider you one of "them." And one of "us" is always perferable to one of "them."

            We do it to, usually. After all, when you have a badge heavy muni screwing with your patrol officers, who will you believe first?
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

            "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

            Comment


            • #7
              You may hear about security officers being arrested more than we like. But at least we don't have whole departments that have been plagued with corruption. Just to name a few: Chicago, LAPD, NYPD, New Orleans (in the 80's).

              Why? Because this PC thing gets carried away and anyone who 'rats' out a brother officer is going to pay and pay dearly, whether it's a slow back-up response, shunning, and everything in between.

              My point: Get your own LE house in order before you criticize security.
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mr. Security
                You may hear about security officers being arrested more than we like. But at least we don't have whole departments that have been plagued with corruption. Just to name a few: Chicago, LAPD, NYPD, New Orleans (in the 80's).

                .
                In the 80s? Try New Orleans last year, month or week. Baton Rouge any day of the year.
                Hospital Security Officer

                Comment


                • #9
                  I do believe it is unfair to criticize entire organizations as being corrupt because of things individuals or groups within the organization did.

                  For example, each security company I worked for had certain individuals who tried to hide, did for a long time, but then we found out they were on drugs and were even doing them while on duty. These individuals ended up being fired, but the stain remained on the company's reputation. To say the entire company was corrupt would be inaccurate, however.

                  There have been scandals within police departments as well. The idea that such a thing is unthinkable just because they are sworn officers and are agents of local government is not realistic because these people are human just as we are and they are subject to the dark side, imperfection, and temptation of human nature. As long as this side of humanity exists, you will see rotten apples in every line of work.

                  Dallas, for example, had a scandal in recent years involving certain former detectives who had paid informants who placed fake drugs on innocent people and those innocent people were arrested on felony drug charges. The air is still not clear on that one. To say that the entire department is corrupt based on things such as that would not be right, though. I see the work these people do every single night and I know the work they do get to show up for is outstanding and valiant a good amount of the time.
                  "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 1stWatch
                    .....
                    For example, each security company I worked for had certain individuals who tried to hide, did for a long time, but then we found out they were on drugs and were even doing them while on duty. These individuals ended up being fired, but the stain remained on the company's reputation. To say the entire company was corrupt would be inaccurate, however...
                    How many s/o's are you talking about in any given company?
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mr. Security
                      How many s/o's are you talking about in any given company?
                      Two or three, here and there. The largest drug ring of security thugs I saw was five.
                      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 1stWatch
                        Two or three, here and there. The largest drug ring of security thugs I saw was five.
                        That's my point. When I talk about police corruption, I'm talking about many more than just five. Does that mean the whole department is corrupt? Of course not. However, you won't find that level of corruption with security companies because there's no 'blue wall of silence.'
                        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mr. Security
                          That's my point. When I talk about police corruption, I'm talking about many more than just five. Does that mean the whole department is corrupt? Of course not. However, you won't find that level of corruption with security companies because there's no 'blue wall of silence.'
                          I have seen a blue wall of silence in certain groups. A certain individual was fired from the company yesterday for a positive test of marijuana. This test was inspired by him going around and showing the joints to the other guards. Only one came forward and decided to talk about it. The others didn't seem to care about it, saying they didn't want to be a "rat". A similar attitude is pretty common in most circles I've been in.
                          "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 1stWatch
                            I have seen a blue wall of silence in certain groups. A certain individual was fired from the company yesterday for a positive test of marijuana. This test was inspired by him going around and showing the joints to the other guards. Only one came forward and decided to talk about it. The others didn't seem to care about it, saying they didn't want to be a "rat". A similar attitude is pretty common in most circles I've been in.
                            Somehow I don't think that marijuana was the issue when it came to the police corruption.
                            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mr. Security
                              Somehow I don't think that marijuana was the issue when it came to the police corruption.
                              The issues I've seen involving police corruption involved a hush-hush practice on wrongdoing. The wrongdoing involved was misappropriation of political resources, bribery, falsification of reports and government records, false arrests, drug use, drug trade, sexual abuse, infidelity, and physical brutality. There are others, to be sure. The hush practice was there because of political association, both on a party level and on an interpersonal one, and genuine fear of reprisal. Who may turn up dead if they speak?
                              "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X