Maryland Guard arrested for impersonation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by histfan71
    I would hesitate before sending any money to NAPSOA. I used to be their advisor for California, and I was active with them from the beginning.

The founder of NAPSOA recently resigned because he is in jail awaiting trial for allegedly molesting his grandchildren. He is, of course, innocent until proven guilty but if he is found guilty it will be a big stain on NAPSOA's reputation and credibility.

Also the new principals of NAPSOA are well-meaning, but they only have a vague goal of "improving the industry" nor do they have ANY plans or strategies on how to achieve their lofty but vague "goal." When I left NAPSOA in January 2006 the only "plan" the principals could come up with was to actively recruit new members who would pay dues so they could increase NAPSOA's treasury. When I asked what they planned to do with the increased funds their answer was, "recruit new members."

If NAPSOA ever gets itself squared-away, I will consider rejoining and paying dues. In the meantime, I will watch with interest.
    Edit: Saying things like I did might be construed as ... bad.

Anyway. 48 bucks means that you can be a force from the "inside" to effect change in the operations of the organization. Perhaps they need motivation. Perhaps they need to effect new management. Who knows? They did the 2006 elections, and the new VP seems to be a go getter. We'll see what happens.
    Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 03-14-2006, 09:04 PM.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier

Eventually, the tide will turn, and a tsunami of legal oversight will happen. We'll see what comes out of it, then. It may simply be the federalization of private security, everywhere.
      If that works, I'll be pleased. However, based on TSA performance, I won't put a lot of stock into it until I see some significant results.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
        If that works, I'll be pleased. However, based on TSA performance, I won't put a lot of stock into it until I see some significant results.
        Haven't they privatized TSA yet? I know they're trying, really hard, to get TSA to allow private screeners back in. The TSA screeners aren't as reliable as private screeners - they have too much job security and think too highly of themselves and their federal "agent" status. Oh, and the airport cops absolutely hate them. Most cops will tell you, if TSA annoys you, demand to speak to an Airport Police Supervisor (Not a TSA Police Officer) and refuse to cooperate till they put one before you.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X