X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Am I really insane for thinking that a supervisory position should be seperate from a road position?
    No you're not insane for thinking that. Organizations I worked for that combined patrol with guard supervision failed miserably at both tasks. We were constantly having to sit post and patrol accounts went unworked constantly. Contracts were lost on a regular basis. It constituted a major joke.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
    Securitas isn't paying anyone $5.75/hr. I made three times that when I worked there.
    $17.25/hr? When, where, and what was your title?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    They get paid $9 per hour around here.
    $10-15 here.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Of course, that applies only where you work for a company that actually has supervisors driving from site to site checking thier Officers. I've worked more than a year at my current post and have never seen a company rep come by to check in on me. We don't have a 'field supervisor'. Our post has a 'site supervisor' which is the most senior EMT assigned to the post. He handles faxing off the payroll and scheduling sheets to our main office and dealing with the HR/Security director for the facility where we work. He works the same desk I do.
    As for replacing someone with another employee, hard to do again in my case. In my case, I work as an EMT/SO. The only post that has a contract for EMT trained SOs is the one I'm at and there are only 3 of us plus another EMT/SO that works for the client facility itself, not our Security company.
    If the Security Company fires one of the 3 EMTs it employees they would have to recruit another right away while the rest of us juggle the schedule and suck up the overtime. It's not as simple as just swapping out a warm body.
    The same problem happens when trying to replace any of the unarmed SOs we work with. We don't just get hired by our Security Company and placed in a spot. The HR/Security Director for the plant we are assigned to interviews us and approves or disapproves our working there. So basically we are hired twice. Once by the Security Company who then sends us for a meeting with the facility HR/Security person who has the final say if we are hired and issues us our plant photo ID. So we are contract security but it's like we are working in house. If something happens and the site supervisor isn't on duty the person we are to call is the facility security director. I have no idea what situation would result in me having to call our offices 65 miles away in the middle of the night.
    Most of us live 40 -50 miles from the plant where we work so even if we do need a relief and can wake someone up to come in it's going to be at least an hour until someone shows up.
    So, what I'm saying is, even IF the company started driving from post to post and found someone sleeping, it's not a case of swapping them out with someone else.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by ACP01
    Unless of course you are willing to take the shift yourself.
    Yeah, but if your working the post, who's going to do your patrols? After all, having supervisory and patrol positions seperate is not cost effective.

Am I really insane for thinking that a supervisory position should be seperate from a road position?

Leave a comment:

• ACP01
    replied
    A rule I was taught:

Do NOT fire anyone unless you have their replacement uniformed and ready to go.
    Unless of course you are willing to take the shift yourself.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
    Securitas isn't paying anyone $5.75/hr. I made three times that when I worked there.
    They get paid $9 per hour around here.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by DMS 525
    What a blinking idiot!! Makes me think of one chronic sleeper I had; I finally threw a string of firecrackers at him when I'd finally had enough of him.

I am more lenient with those I may see who have a pen in their hand, but just bobbed off, as opposed to those who intentionally sleep, like this putz here. Sure his firearm hadn't already been taken?

Them, and those jerks who just can't leave their booze to home. And then they wonder why security is so looked down on a lot of the time?

I hope they sent this clown packing. He is a major liability in the making.
    My take exactly.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Hey, are those red epaulets on that guy's shirt and jacket? Did he have an expensive zipper pull with three red circles on it?

Those guys are taking ALL the accounts around here. I've noticed that recently. I have a feeling they're doing the underbid to consolidate gimmick, telling the clients that you don't need to pay an untrained observer 8 an hour, when 5.75 will do fine.
    Red epaulets are standard for security around here. What's wrong with them?
    I'm not sure which expensive zipper you're talking about.

I don't think there are any guard companies in Dallas left who pay as low as $5.75 per hour. I'm pretty sure this guy was making at least $9 since I know which company he works for. It was not Securitas.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Ok, 6-7 an hour. The old man at the strip mall who wanders around, dosen't have to enforce parking rules or basically anything else other than be a semi-visible presence makes 7.00 an hour.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    A rule I was taught:

Do NOT fire anyone unless you have their replacement uniformed and ready to go.

Leave a comment:

• DMS 525
    replied
    What a blinking idiot!! Makes me think of one chronic sleeper I had; I finally threw a string of firecrackers at him when I'd finally had enough of him.

I am more lenient with those I may see who have a pen in their hand, but just bobbed off, as opposed to those who intentionally sleep, like this putz here. Sure his firearm hadn't already been taken?

Them, and those jerks who just can't leave their booze to home. And then they wonder why security is so looked down on a lot of the time?

I hope they sent this clown packing. He is a major liability in the making.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Hey, are those red epaulets on that guy's shirt and jacket? Did he have an expensive zipper pull with three red circles on it?

Those guys are taking ALL the accounts around here. I've noticed that recently. I have a feeling they're doing the underbid to consolidate gimmick, telling the clients that you don't need to pay an untrained observer 8 an hour, when 5.75 will do fine.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    You have to patrol a post where there's already an assigned officer? I think, if I were your company, I'd renegotiate the contract with the client. "Look what we found on patrol. Sure you want that company?"
    The "patrol" contract we have is separate from the "temporary guard" they have assigned to the construction detail on that property. My company has a very limited number of guards and they all work armed at full time assignments. I imagine this client negotiated the guard duty with us and we were unable to do it. For the sake of q.a. I did show the photos to my employer, but he said he was uninterested because this other guy was not one of ours. The construction is supposed to end this week anyway.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumshoe
    LOL I know some guys on my Dept that sleeps like that every night.

But you guys gotta be honest. Don't tell me you never took a nap before on a long surveillance???

Try working a 10 hour shift and having to come back the next morning for the arraignment with only 3 hours of sleep.....you'll be out like a baby after feeding time.

Heck one night our K9 handler and his DOG was sleeping. We usually get on the PA and announce our presence gracefully.
    I have taken a ten minute power nap before, sure. I have worked guard duty like that too and I come prepared. I usually bring the laptop and watch movies all night.
    However, this was no nap. This person was asleep from the start of the shift until the end.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X