Officer Safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer Safety

Do you know this man? It better not be you!
    Attached Files
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

sleeping?

He looks dead, Bet he wishes he was now.
    We haven't had trouble for a while, Let's cancel security!

Comment

Not only sleeping, but notice his jacket is on backwards over his arms, nullifying their use, and his gun belt is hanging on the seat next to him. Look at the contrast in the picture between the front and back windows and you'll notice his front window is down.

Btw, this picture was taken while standing on the sidewalk. Dozens of people were walking by looking at this individual.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

I hope this guy was told to turn in his uniform the next day.
        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

looks like a good time for a airhorn

Comment

Another funny thing is a police officer was conducting a traffic stop directly across the small street where he was posted and had to use his loud siren to get the subject to pull over. He did not wake up for that. I ended up taking his photo after I woke him up previously in the night. Hey, at least I was fair.

Comment

We have a term for security people like that...we refer to them as "mannequins", simply because you could dress a department store dummy in the same uniform and nobody would know the difference between the person and the dummy.

All I can say is that I hope there wasn't an actual firearm on that utility belt.
              Last edited by wvd1979; 03-08-2006, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wvd1979
                We have a term for security people like that...we refer to them as "mannequins", simply because you could dress a department store dummy in the same uniform and nobody would know the difference between the person and the dummy.

All I can say is that I hope there wasn't an actual firearm on that utility belt.
                The holster was empty. He wouldn't tell me if he had a weapon with him or not either. The guy admittedly had been doing the job for ten years. It baffles me how complacent some people get when they know good and well security guards get robbed for their guns here if they're caught in such a position. The sight of an empty holster could be just the impetus a robber would need to pull him out of the car and beat him to death while looking for his weapon. Then again, that brings me back to my rant about having to walk into convenience stores with an empty holster, which I shall refrain from starting on again.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                  ..... I ended up taking his photo after I woke him up previously in the night. Hey, at least I was fair.
                  If you woke him up previously, then he simply doesn't care.
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                    If you woke him up previously, then he simply doesn't care.
                    Bingo! Since my company doesn't care about it either, even though he was posted on one of our patrol properties, since he didn't work for "our" company, I just posted it up on the internet so we could all make fun of him. No name of the individual or company given, but if "somebody" from his company happens to see it, hey...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyhat
                      I wonder if "power-nap, 1930 thru 2330" is reflected in his shift report.
                      Its not good sleep, just sleep.
                      I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                      -Lieutenant Commander Data
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                        Bingo! Since my company doesn't care about it either, even though he was posted on one of our patrol properties, since he didn't work for "our" company, I just posted it up on the internet so we could all make fun of him. No name of the individual or company given, but if "somebody" from his company happens to see it, hey...
                        You have to patrol a post where there's already an assigned officer? I think, if I were your company, I'd renegotiate the contract with the client. "Look what we found on patrol. Sure you want that company?"
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

LOL I know some guys on my Dept that sleeps like that every night.

But you guys gotta be honest. Don't tell me you never took a nap before on a long surveillance???

Try working a 10 hour shift and having to come back the next morning for the arraignment with only 3 hours of sleep.....you'll be out like a baby after feeding time.

Heck one night our K9 handler and his DOG was sleeping. We usually get on the PA and announce our presence gracefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumshoe

But you guys gotta be honest. Don't tell me you never took a nap before on a long surveillance???

Try working a 10 hour shift and having to come back the next morning for the arraignment with only 3 hours of sleep.....you'll be out like a baby after feeding time.

Heck one night our K9 handler and his DOG was sleeping. We usually get on the PA and announce our presence gracefully.
                            I hate to say this, but the dog probably has more deterrant value than the human.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumshoe

I have taken a ten minute power nap before, sure. I have worked guard duty like that too and I come prepared. I usually bring the laptop and watch movies all night.
                              However, this was no nap. This person was asleep from the start of the shift until the end.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X