Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toooo many damn things happen....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • toooo many damn things happen....

    while im on duty....

    on 07-16

    Had a prositute in building showering in common restroom
    Had a Guy steal an air compressor.
    Had a water line break.

    on 07-17

    off

    on 07-18

    Had a Fight at the bar
    Almost had another fight

    on 07-19

    Quiet at the bar, until last two minutes of shift 10 man fight

    on 07-20

    off

    on 07-21

    Caught some one trying to steal some pipes.
    Semi hit a car sending it smashing over an airconditioner
    some one broke into leasing office

    on 07-22

    Some on broke lock on pool gate
    Parking gate broken
    police on site towing a drug car
    booted a car for handicap violation

    0n 7-23

    Helped some guy retrive his property that someone else in the complex stole.
    he got his cellphone and dufflebag back.
    caught 5-6 hispanic males trying to jump into dumpster, called police on them.



    blah.................. tooooo many incident reports lol...
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

  • #2
    caught 5-6 hispanic males trying to jump into dumpster, called police on them.

    I knew it Dumpster diving will be an Olympic event some day
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Is it illegal to jump in a dumpster?

      When I was a (still do some work) PI, I use to do "garbage pulls" all the time.

      Just curious.

      Comment


      • #4
        1800 - Increase restraints on combative patient

        1813 - Restrain combative patient and hold down for sedation meds

        1950 - Search new psych patient on a hold

        2000 to 0200 - Tours, reports, staff escorts

        0208 - Adult male down and unresponsive in front of ER, assist bringing him in

        0232 - Release another patients' restraints (now cooperative)

        0240 - Search intoxicated patient on a hold

        0300 - Search another intoxicated on a hold

        0320 - Restrain another combative patient

        0354 - Release another patients' restraints (now cooperative)

        0400 - Search another intoxicated patient on a hold

        0410 - Restrain another combative patient

        0435 - Restrain another combative patient and hold down for sedation meds

        0445 - Hold down patient for sedation meds

        0455 - Restrain another combative patient

        0530 - Release another patients' restraints (now cooperative)

        0537 - Release another patients' restraints (now cooperative)

        0540 - Release another patients' restraints (now cooperative)

        This was on a Tuesday. All individual patient calls require their own report.
        Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Captain_America21 View Post
          Is it illegal to jump in a dumpster?

          When I was a (still do some work) PI, I use to do "garbage pulls" all the time.

          Just curious.
          If it's on private property (trespassing), not to mention it's a HUGE liability...
          Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

          Comment


          • #6
            If the trash is on the curb or located in the dumpster I don't believe it's considered private property.

            I could steal your hospitals trash legally.

            Comment


            • #7
              As I said.....

              Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
              If it's on private property (trespassing), not to mention it's a HUGE liability...
              And we're talking about "dumpster diving" here, not a little trash can on the curb...
              Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Captain_America21 View Post
                If the trash is on the curb or located in the dumpster I don't believe it's considered private property.

                I could steal your hospitals trash legally.
                If it was "legal" it wouldn't be "stealing."
                Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
                  1800 - Increase restraints on combative patient

                  1813 - Restrain combative patient and hold down for sedation meds

                  1950 - Search new psych patient on a hold

                  2000 to 0200 - Tours, reports, staff escorts

                  0208 - Adult male down and unresponsive in front of ER, assist bringing him in

                  0232 - Release another patients' restraints (now cooperative)

                  0240 - Search intoxicated patient on a hold

                  0300 - Search another intoxicated on a hold

                  0320 - Restrain another combative patient

                  0354 - Release another patients' restraints (now cooperative)

                  0400 - Search another intoxicated patient on a hold

                  0410 - Restrain another combative patient

                  0435 - Restrain another combative patient and hold down for sedation meds

                  0445 - Hold down patient for sedation meds

                  0455 - Restrain another combative patient

                  0530 - Release another patients' restraints (now cooperative)

                  0537 - Release another patients' restraints (now cooperative)

                  0540 - Release another patients' restraints (now cooperative)

                  This was on a Tuesday. All individual patient calls require their own report.

                  Sounds like my night except half of the ER was getting water leaks every 3 feet

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If it was "legal" it wouldn't be "stealing." ~ Sgtnewby

                    If it was illegal than why can police officers introduce trash evidence in court?

                    When I was working street LE, our narcotics unit always would steal trash...from private property (that is in sgtnewbys definition), to further build their investigations. This is a common practice, not sure what ballpark you are playing in, but you need to check your law code.

                    I see no basis for trespassing, that seems ridiculous. Do you arrest every person who walks on your property? Of course not, I'm allowed to be there and trash is considered public information.

                    Liability? For who? The client? Well they authorize it and pay for it, so your liability arguement is thrown out the window. Also, just because something has the potential to have liability, does not make it illegal.

                    Are your opinions rooted in any facts? Or are you just spewing baseless opinions?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      http://www.paghat.com/dumpster.html

                      Your trash may be locked or gated....I think any person/LEO with a brain knows you can't break a lock, but as I stated before...completely legal.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        http://www.fightidentitytheft.com/sh...eme_court.html

                        A link to the Supreme Court Case that ruled trashpicking legal.

                        Also, in situations where there is a "no trespassing" sign, some courts have ruled that the removal of the trash is legal, due to the fact that a reasonable person could assume it to be worthless by the owner and abandoned.

                        Also, nothing would stop an individual from waiting on the other side of the gate for the dump truck to exit the prohibited area and getting permission from the "waste technicians" to remove the newly deposited bags. They can say no, but typically they don't care, especially when you explain to them that you are a LEO/Investigator.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Captain_America21 View Post
                          http://www.fightidentitytheft.com/sh...eme_court.html

                          A link to the Supreme Court Case that ruled trashpicking legal.

                          Also, in situations where there is a "no trespassing" sign, some courts have ruled that the removal of the trash is legal, due to the fact that a reasonable person could assume it to be worthless by the owner and abandoned.

                          Also, nothing would stop an individual from waiting on the other side of the gate for the dump truck to exit the prohibited area and getting permission from the "waste technicians" to remove the newly deposited bags. They can say no, but typically they don't care, especially when you explain to them that you are a LEO/Investigator.
                          That case seems to refer to trash left at the curb on a public street, sgtnewby's point would seem to be related to person's entering private property to rummage through the trash. luckily, in my neck of the woods a persons "right" to be on the property exsists only for so long as the property owner allows and can be withdrawn at anytime.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Captain_America21 View Post
                            If it was "legal" it wouldn't be "stealing." ~ Sgtnewby

                            If it was illegal than why can police officers introduce trash evidence in court?

                            When I was working street LE, our narcotics unit always would steal trash...from private property (that is in sgtnewbys definition), to further build their investigations. This is a common practice, not sure what ballpark you are playing in, but you need to check your law code.

                            I see no basis for trespassing, that seems ridiculous. Do you arrest every person who walks on your property? Of course not, I'm allowed to be there and trash is considered public information.

                            Liability? For who? The client? Well they authorize it and pay for it, so your liability arguement is thrown out the window. Also, just because something has the potential to have liability, does not make it illegal.

                            Are your opinions rooted in any facts? Or are you just spewing baseless opinions?
                            I can also see where sgtnewby is coming from with regards to liability. The property owner could be liable for injury incured by a person rummaging about in their dumpster, if the case is made that the property owner did not take all reasonable precautions to prevent such injury (such as having the onsite security force prevent unauthorized persons from being in the dumpsters) anyhoo thats what they tell us around here, maybe liability issues are not such an issue in the USA

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              there where no trespassing signs, also signs stating private property, also and here in utah, it is a crime to rummage through some ones trash, as it is still there property untill the refuse company takes control of the items...
                              Its not how we die that counts.....
                              Its not how we lived that counts....
                              all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

                              Comment

                              300x250

                              Collapse

                              Mid 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Super Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X