X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Good detective work. Question though: How did the former s/o who became a cop pass his polygraph before the police department hired him?
    Speaking from personal experience, polygraphs are a crock. Compulsive liars are able to pass them with no problem. People who have a propensity to be nervous can't pass them. They are not scientifically accurate like the supporters of those who give the tests claim. I tried to take one in 1998 to get a civilian position with the county Sheriff's office and failed it miserably after I told the truth. According to the test not only had I stolen property from an employer, I had sold and transported drugs and had sex with another man.
    I know of others who want to work in this field, but are also kept out by the polygraph.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by davis002
    Not all states and/or departments allow polygraph examinations. For instance, Minnesota does not allow polygraph examinations.
    West Contra Costa Unified School District Police does polygraph, at least according to their recruitment flyer. http://www.post.ca.gov/jobops/12-07-05-wcusd-po.doc

I know nothing about this department so I do not know how strict their background checks are.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Good detective work. Question though: How did the former s/o who became a cop pass his polygraph before the police department hired him?
    Not all states and/or departments allow polygraph examinations. For instance, Minnesota does not allow polygraph examinations.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    started a topic Security Guards Arraigned After Parking Lot Shooting

Security Guards Arraigned After Parking Lot Shooting

Two security guards and two others, one who became a campus police officer, were arraigned after an incident happened that was described as a security guard shooting someone who refused to move a vehicle that was double parked at an apartment complex where he was working. The article describes some sort of conspiracy between the individuals in custody to keep the incident a secret.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...ed=rss.bayarea

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X