• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security at concerts/events

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/05/con....ap/index.html
    Police battle punk fans at California concert
    Two fans seriously injured, officers hurt during violence

Sunday, March 5, 2006; Posted: 8:46 a.m. EST (13:46 GMT)

SAN BERNARDINO, California (AP) -- Rioting broke out Saturday night at British punk band concert, injuring several people and destroying two police cars, officials said.

Some in the crowd of about 1,500 at the "British Invasion 2K6" show pelted police with rocks and bottles, forcing the officers to withdraw, police spokesman Sgt. Rick Lindsey said.

Two concert goers were hospitalized with serious injuries, and two officers suffered minor injuries, he said.

The rioting began when police responded to a report of a stabbing at the National Orange Show Events Center concert. When officers arrived, the crowd became agitated and several fights broke out, forcing the officers to back off, Lindsey said.

After backup arrived, the officers went in again and extracted the stabbing victim and another person who was beaten, Lindsey said. But the violent crowd forced officers to withdraw again.

With additional backup, including Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies and Fontana police, officers lined up in phalanx formation to clear the streets and they fired pepper balls and tear gas to move the crowd, Lindsey said.

As the crowd dispersed they destroyed two police cars and vandalized area businesses, Lindsey said. A trash bin was set on fire and storefront windows were smashed.

The all-day concert was scheduled to feature 22 punk rock bands, including G.B.H. and the Adicts.
    Now, I hate Monday morning quarterbacking....so I will not do it here. What type of additional coverage do you think would be necessary for an event that, due to the type of venue, would seem to have a higher chance of incident. I would think that every event would need to have its own risk assessment beforehand, to determine the actual amount of coverage and where it should be placed.
    www.oramsecurity.com

Originally posted by SgtUSMC8541
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/05/con....ap/index.html

Now, I hate Monday morning quarterbacking....so I will not do it here. What type of additional coverage do you think would be necessary for an event that, due to the type of venue, would seem to have a higher chance of incident. I would think that every event would need to have its own risk assessment beforehand, to determine the actual amount of coverage and where it should be placed.
    I have worked all sorts of large events such as the Indy 500, NFL/NBA games, college games, etc. We do plan ahead but sometimes things go to $hit no matter how well it is planned. You cant stop people from acting out but you can try to keep it from getting too out of control.
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
      I have worked all sorts of large events such as the Indy 500, NFL/NBA games, college games, etc. We do plan ahead but sometimes things go to $hit no matter how well it is planned. You cant stop people from acting out but you can try to keep it from getting too out of control.

Oh, I agree and understand. I have not worked any events the size that you have, but I know that no matter how well planed all it takes is one perosn to throw things out of wack.
      www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

What do you expect with that type of entertainment? Interesting how the article says that "the crowd became agitated..." Believe me, that crowd was already agitated, stirred up like the waves of the sea when a windstorm comes, the windstorm being the concert.

The solution: Fine all parties involved in producing the concert for every cent that was spent in trying to maintain law and order after the crowd was out-of-control. Money talks the loudest; that's why they had the concert in the first place -- to make money.
        Last edited by Mr. Security; 03-05-2006, 07:56 PM. Reason: Accuracy.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X