Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been pulled over in a company vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    Sheriff Justice has inspired many a fine man to become law enforcment officers.
    And we would be remiss if we failed to mention the fine, fine example of Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane and his energetic K9, Flash. "Let's go get 'em Flash, ke ke ke!"

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    Him and Broderick Crawford.

Leave a comment:

• DMS 525
    replied
    Tennsix, let me clear the air on a couple of matters:

I got nailed for 47 in a 30. Was a good cite, and I just paid the fine. And, I know it wasn't a good thing posting those signs; not expecting anyone to condone such actions.
    That Officer is now doing desk duty in the Traffic section's office, and I see him every year to get my cab license application processed(I drive a cab part time). He remembers me, is always glad to see me, and we catch up a little in the process. No grudges are held either way.

That Reserve Deputy who stopped me and ran his mouth; I found out he was not even radar qualified. But it wasn't just that one incident that changed that policy. That was just one of many. I also should have specified that I was in the process of responding to an alarm. The Sheriff's supervisor told me that I should have told the Deputy that- they will not interfere. That was what had me so mad in the first place; I'd always thought we had a good working relationship with that agency. Nothing changed in regards to that.

Same for that suburban PD; don't know if that incident made them change their ways of thinking or not; all I said was that they never bothered us again.

Incidents such as these were few and far between in the 11 years I worked security in this city. Actually, I had a good working relationship with LE, and have been praised many times for my professionalism.

You may forget I was a police officer a long time ago, long before I ever got into security work. I knew things from both sides of the fence, therefore I never expected "red carpet" treatment from LE. Anyone who goes out thinking they are entitled to such is a damned fool!

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumshoe
    LOL LOL Now that is funny. That show was a classic.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Dms 525:

1. 47 in a 30 is good cite. I routinely run RADAR and I generally don?t issue citations until the motorist exceeds the limit by 15 MPH. Your gripe about others going just as fast is a common explanation but it does not absolve you of responsibility.

2. Had I seen you post a sign warning motorists of a speed enforcement area, I would have cited you for littering and/or obstructing.

3. I have a hard time believing one complaint lead to a re-write of PD policy. Had I been the officer and you demanded a citation, you would have gotten one. Furthermore, it would not have been bothered about your whipping out an open mic or tape recorder. I would have suggested you retain the tape for your traffic court appearance.

4. Regarding #1 and #3, I would have informed your supervisor.

Having said all of that, I have never singled out a person/vehicle because of its security agency affiliation. However, I do extended the ?Red Carpet? treatment for anyone that screws with me, hence my signature. You can?t complain about the poor relationship with local PD when you are as guilty of unprofessional conduct.
    Last edited by Tennsix; 03-09-2006, 05:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gumshoe
    replied
    38 in a 35? where you driving a black Trans Am and running interference for a beer laden Semi????
    LOL LOL Now that is funny. That show was a classic.

Leave a comment:

• DMS 525
    replied
    I have been pulled over several times, and once received a ticket for doing 47 in a 30 zone. All those other cars going just as fast, or whizzing past me, and I get stopped. I come to find out that cop had a reputation for stopping security vehicles every chance he had. I got him; saw him at one of his favorite speed traps one afternoon, so I nailed a sign saying RADAR AHEAD at each end of the street. He sure was bamboozled when cars drove by at the speed limit, and some even honked and waved at him!! Hey, what was the real harm? They were all driving the speed limit on that street for a change.

Got into it another time with a Reserve Deputy Sheriff; said I was speeding, but really wanted to run his vile, wicked, hateful mouth on me. Sheriff's Dept was no one to talk, they way they drove across town like they were crazy, no lights of siren. They were a major tragedy waiting to happen. I made a complaint to the supervisor of the Patrol Section. Promised a lawsuit if that ever happened again, if I just didn't get out of that car and kick the goat turds right out of that jerk!! Partly because of my complaint, Reserves are no longer allowed to patrol by themselves or with other Reserves(as this one was). They must be working with a full time, sworn Deputy.

Because of that incident, I kept a certain something with me after that, and it put the run on a smart azzed suburban city cop, who just wanted to stop me and hassle me for no good reason(musta been a slow night). Running his mouth, telling me I was speeding but wouldn't say how fast unless I wanted a citation, blah, blah, blah, until I told him before he said anything else, I held up my radio mic, which I'd had held open the entire time, to allow about 10 other guys to witness the conversation, plus pointing out my mini cassette recorder on the dash of the car! Asked him if there was anything else he wanted to say. He sure beat feet in a hurry, and that particular department never bothered us again! And I was not speeding; saw him coming a mile away, and made sure I was doing the limit. What's more, we'd just had the accuracy of that speedometer in that car confirmed, and had documentation to prove it. Right on the ball.

One of my charges got caught driving 75 in a 25 and ran a red light responding to an alarm. The cop told me he wouldn't file charges at this time if we'd do something about it. My guy got a few days off with no pay. I wish the cop had just arrested that jerk, but that's another story. But did he hear it from me, for that fool stunt(there was absolutely no need to drive that fast going to anything), as well as abusing the equipment, as I knew he was doing. Smart aleck maverick, who thought he could do it all his own way, with no respect for Supervisors.

My last security gig, I got the owner to institute a special radio code, plus require a report to be written any time we had a negative contact situation with any law enforcement agency. Have something to back up allegations of certain agencies, or individuals creating a consistient pattern of making trouble for us.

99% of the time, I worked well with the LE agencies in the area. But every so often, you have to get that one joker who messes up the deal for everybody. A cross you have to bear if you choose to work in the Security profession.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    1. This is in ask-a-cop, nobody reply unless you've got enough juice to avoid a banning.

2. I didn't really see any Cali folks. Now, in the Dog thread, they f-ing HATE Dog. This is the usual, "As long as they know they're not cops, we're cool with em, except when they're wannabes."

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    They have another "Do you like security" thread going.
    O.Com Thread
    Thanks. I'll check it out. Feel free to tell them that Mr. Security sends is 'regards.'

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Notice how none of the guys in that thread from California like security at all. Something must be really wrong there. In fact, come to think of it, the last three people I had come to work for companies I was at who worked previously in California spent most of the training time bragging about all this certified training they got, but then they washed out after a couple of weeks, complaining about too much of a workload. I'm sure that's not indicative though.

On the other hand, a couple of them actually had some nice things to say.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    So you get kicked off like I did. What's the point in being a member if you can't freely participate? You can still read the posts w/o being a member. Why stay at a site where you're not welcome just because you work security?
    They have another "Do you like security" thread going.
    O.Com Thread

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Got a link? I don't read some of the areas, I'm tempted to reply, and some idiot may decide to hit "report."
    So you get kicked off like I did. What's the point in being a member if you can't freely participate? You can still read the posts w/o being a member. Why stay at a site where you're not welcome just because you work security?

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard
    Whenever I left my driveway for a call I hit the RECORD button before turning on my lights and siren and responding. Once on scene I would shut off the siren then the camera.
    This is the same concept I am thinking of; however, I would not be able to turn it off when on scene. The state law here mandates the video recorder be on at all times during the time a duty is executed, as described by the racial profiling statutes in the code of criminal procedures.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    You can pick up a Mini-DV unit for about 250-500 now days. Less on eBay. When I think of "in-car video," I think more about a baby PC in the trunk with a hard drive, a video in card, and a cheap coaxial camera, with a Nextel or Edge modem attached. Some attempt, at least, to maintain chain of evidence.
    The old fashioned way seems to be better in my case since the company does not use computer equipment in the cars and I would have to remove it at the end of the shift lest it be stolen.

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    Got a link? I don't read some of the areas, I'm tempted to reply, and some idiot may decide to hit "report."
    http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29629

Here it is in action in my old rig, right next to the radar:

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X