Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been pulled over in a company vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever been pulled over in a company vehicle?

I have...twice.

First I was doing 82 in a 50. State pulled me over, hit me with his spotlight and saw our markings on the car. It was Saturday morning at about 0130, so he pulled up beside me, told me to get better markings on the vehicles and slow it down, and took off.

Second time I was popped for doing 38 in a 35. The guy ripped me a new fecal excretion prtal and left, no ticket.
    Liability is never above officer safety. Do what you must to make sure you go home safe.

William-2, 10-6 for 105. Yep, I'm at Starbucks!

I may be gay, but I'll eff you up!

Personal Web Site

Cheap, Quality Web Design! Put a great cop on the beat by helping with my tuition! :-D

Originally posted by jakeslife
    I have...twice.

First I was doing 82 in a 50. State pulled me over, hit me with his spotlight and saw our markings on the car. It was Saturday morning at about 0130, so he pulled up beside me, told me to get better markings on the vehicles and slow it down, and took off.

Second time I was popped for doing 38 in a 35. The guy ripped me a new fecal excretion prtal and left, no ticket.
    38 in a 35? where you driving a black Trans Am and running interference for a beer laden Semi????
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

82 in a 50? Security or not... you would have received a cite from me.
      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Wow... I guess it depends though on the relationship a given company has with the local PD... I remember when I was with my previous company, I had arrived at a property for a routine patrol, and noticed an open door. Parked the car, and snuck up on the area... Overheard voices, & stuff being moved around... I let dispatch know what was going on, and my supervisor at the time (as well as a couple other nearby units) responded as cover...
        Well, the supe showed up about 5 mins later, which I thought was odd considering he was working a district almost 6 miles away on the other side of the city... And he was being followed by a local PD car.... After the incident was cleared up (perps busted, etc.. lol) they said they were running traffic on the highway across town and saw him doin 110, so they figured somethin good must've been goin on and wanted a piece of it.... LOL
        Course, it helps that the office is almost next door to the PD...
        Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
        Originally posted by ValleyOne
        BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
        Shoulda called in sick.
        Be safe!

Comment

Yeah, for sure. 48 in a 25. He told me to slow it down and if he saw me doing it again he'd cite me.

One time, also in a company vehicle, I was driving on I-5, going 86 in a 70. Washington State Patrol pulled up on my ass, saw it was a security vehicle, pulled along side me, and honked his air horn and then he sped off. By the time he caught up to me I had been gradually slowing down to about 75 though because when I saw those headlights appear in my rearview mirror off in the distance I just knew it was a cop. Sure enough, I was right.

I do appreciate the courtesy and I have really watched my speed over the years after those two incidents.
          10-8

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
            38 in a 35? where you driving a black Trans Am and running interference for a beer laden Semi????
            Sheriff Bufford T. Justice strikes again!
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
              Agreed. More than 20 mph over the speed limit on the interstate here and you're looking at a reckless driving summons and a pink slip from your employer.

Comment

I wasn't saying it in a flashy show-off tone, just as a fact. I think that since it was a Saturday night he knew he wouldn't catch anything in the car or a drunk driver or else he would have cited me.
                Liability is never above officer safety. Do what you must to make sure you go home safe.

William-2, 10-6 for 105. Yep, I'm at Starbucks!

I may be gay, but I'll eff you up!

Personal Web Site

Cheap, Quality Web Design! Put a great cop on the beat by helping with my tuition! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                  In my state that is reckless driving (class "A" misd/+25 over the posted limit) thus a jailable offense.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgegate
                    Wow... I guess it depends though on the relationship a given company has with the local PD... I remember when I was with my previous company, I had arrived at a property for a routine patrol, and noticed an open door. Parked the car, and snuck up on the area... Overheard voices, & stuff being moved around... I let dispatch know what was going on, and my supervisor at the time (as well as a couple other nearby units) responded as cover...
                    Well, the supe showed up about 5 mins later, which I thought was odd considering he was working a district almost 6 miles away on the other side of the city... And he was being followed by a local PD car.... After the incident was cleared up (perps busted, etc.. lol) they said they were running traffic on the highway across town and saw him doin 110, so they figured somethin good must've been goin on and wanted a piece of it.... LOL
                    Course, it helps that the office is almost next door to the PD...
                    I think their explanation was PC excuse when they realized ther supervisor was on a legit run. However, 110 MPH is a bit excessive. That is way too fast.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                      I think their explanation was PC excuse when they realized ther supervisor was on a legit run. However, 110 MPH is a bit excessive. That is way too fast.
                      Which is it? "a bit excessive" or "way too fast?"

Sorry, I know I'm being a wise guy......

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslife
                        Second time I was popped for doing 38 in a 35.
                        OMG, what a dirtbag.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
                          OMG, what a dirtbag.
                          Book 'em Danno!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                            Agreed. More than 20 mph over the speed limit on the interstate here and you're looking at a reckless driving summons and a pink slip from your employer.
                            When I was 17 I took my old camaro at 3 AM on US101 north about 15 miles north of san francisco. I got it up to 120 mph. The speed limit there is 65. It was a used car and there was no front passenger seat. So my brother was just sitting there where the seat was supposed to me on a milk carton (with no seatbelt).

As I am coming down the hill passing San Rafael towards the weigh station at terra linda. My brother says "COP". I looked over and I saw the cop about 1/8 of a mile ahead and he was on a bike and he already has his lights on.

So I pulled over. And the CHPie walked right up to me. "Where is the bottle?" he asked. I told him that I don't drink. And that was true I didn't drink back then. then he asked "Where is the Nitrous" I told him that there was no nitrous. (there wasn't).

He said "I want you to take this thing to a race track and get the hell out of here. Do you understand?"

I said Yes. and I did understand.

He let me go. Chippies are cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                              Which is it? "a bit excessive" or "way too fast?"

Sorry, I know I'm being a wise guy......
                              Way too fast! I was typing and thinking at tme same time. 110 is too fast. It mightthink differently about it, if the supervisor was the only back-up officer resonding.
                              sigpic

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X