Interesting Article in Psychology Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Article in Psychology Today

Psychology Today, April 2006, has an article which interviews Joe Mullen, a successful Private Investigator in New York City. He has been retained by people such as Trump and other celebrities.

In accordance with US Fair Use Provisions, I reprint the following, which struck me as odd:

Q: Do you carry a gun?
    A: You fire a gun, you go to jail. We have guns. We don't use them. If you are going to meet someone in a criminal case, say on 11th Avenue, at eleve at night, you'd have to be crazy not to have one.

This struck me as odd because he says his firm carries weapons, but never uses them. They fear going to jail. Why carry them? Why advertise that they don't use them in a national magazine?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    This struck me as odd because he says his firm carries weapons, but never uses them. They fear going to jail. Why carry them? Why advertise that they don't use them in a national magazine?
    Because he's an idiot?
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
      Because he's an idiot?
      $300 dollar an hour idiot, though.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        $300 dollar an hour idiot, though.
        See, the dumb asses of this country get the best jobs. Us underachievers or overachievers, whichever way you look at it, get stuck in the same lowly position for years.
        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

It's called psychobabble. That's why the article is in the magazine that it is.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Are you sure you weren't reading "Abnormal Phsycology today"?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X