U.N. Guard Draws Swastikas on Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.N. Guard Draws Swastikas on Log

A U.N. security guard was reprimanded after he was found drawing swastikas on his report log. This log was later seen by another security guard from Israel.

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/685697.html
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

That's... special.

I wonder if these folks have to have a NY Guard Card, if they're regulated under US or UN law, and what authority they have on UN property.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Ok, I was bored.

UN Security Officer

Link does not take you directly to job description. Scroll down to the jobs link, click and look for security on the list.
      Last edited by Tennsix; 02-22-2006, 09:28 PM.
      I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
      -Lieutenant Commander Data
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
        UN Security Officer

Link does not take you directly to job description. Scroll down to the jobs link, click and look for security on the list.
        Interesting. They base their model off of diplomatic security services, but have no authority. Is UN property considered the property of the member nation? Ie: If something happens at the UN Building, are you going to jail via NYPD?

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Interesting, they are armed, it seems, and require to have armed guard licenses from NY State. (Host Country)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X