Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 Year Old Arrested for Biting Security

Columbus, OH:
    An 11 year old boy was charged with biting a 54 year old security guard who worked at a Columbus Metropolitan Library Branch. According to the story, the boy bit the guard in retaliation for being manhandled while refusing to leave. The mother speaks in the article of counter charges.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/7257628/de...s=col&psp=news
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

So, quick "Facts" from the article:

- Boy is removed from library last summer
    - Boy causes property damage to city property

- Boy returns in violation of trespass ordinance
    - Boy is discovered
    - Boy becomes physically combative
    - Boy is detained
    - Boy resists detainment by biting and punching

- Mother claims boy should never have been detained

I can see this going into a "Only the police should touch my boy" really quick. At least he didn't stab, shoot, or kill anyone.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      So, quick "Facts" from the article:

- Boy is removed from library last summer
      - Boy causes property damage to city property

- Boy returns in violation of trespass ordinance
      - Boy is discovered
      - Boy becomes physically combative
      - Boy is detained
      - Boy resists detainment by biting and punching

- Mother claims boy should never have been detained

I can see this going into a "Only the police should touch my boy" really quick. At least he didn't stab, shoot, or kill anyone.
      N. A., the only reason he didn't stab, shoot, or kill anyone was do to the fact that thoughts came slowly to him. Biting is "unlawful battery." Why the word unlawful was written into the statute is beyond me.
      If the police are to replace security personnel and the mother interferes with them, they can roll up two for the price of one call.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

This is one benefit we now enjoy in Texas - if that happened here, the boy would be charged with aggravated assault on a public servant. The mother could also be charged with something, I'm sure, for letting him go there in the first place. The assault charge is the same as that on a peace officer. If certain individuals on scene don't want to file the proper charge, it can be filed or upgraded at the district attorney's office. I wish it was that way in every state of the union.
        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
          This is one benefit we now enjoy in Texas - if that happened here, the boy would be charged with aggravated assault on a public servant. The mother could also be charged with something, I'm sure, for letting him go there in the first place. The assault charge is the same as that on a peace officer. If certain individuals on scene don't want to file the proper charge, it can be filed or upgraded at the district attorney's office. I wish it was that way in every state of the union.
          Yeah, here, is simple battery.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Yeah, here, is simple battery.
            Sounds like you need some active lobbyists.

Comment

Last time someone suggested something interesting, the security and private investigator advisory council was disbanded by the State. That was concealed carry for PIs, and requiring training for unarmed security and private police persons.

We're full of lobbists up here. Problem is, none of them are for the security industry, except the usual suspects working for the Top Five.

Comment

Last time someone suggested something interesting, the security and private investigator advisory council was disbanded by the State... Problem is, none of them are for the security industry, except the usual suspects working for the Top Five.
                Yes, that was what I meant, no one in our corner. Texas has only recently had politicians who were in support of our aims for progress. The level of spite toward our business held by political figures and by the media is so deep it's astounding. It seems any time house bills were submitted that would make improvements on required training, waivers of liability to have training sponsored by law enforcement agencies, or broader authority on the carry of weapons, they are struck down quickly and reprisals are made. There has even been talk about criminalizing security altogether. If some of these folks had their way, we would all be either unemployed, in prison, or dead.

Comment

Maybe the security guard said: "Bite me!"
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                    Yes, that was what I meant, no one in our corner. Texas has only recently had politicians who were in support of our aims for progress. The level of spite toward our business held by political figures and by the media is so deep it's astounding. It seems any time house bills were submitted that would make improvements on required training, waivers of liability to have training sponsored by law enforcement agencies, or broader authority on the carry of weapons, they are struck down quickly and reprisals are made. There has even been talk about criminalizing security altogether. If some of these folks had their way, we would all be either unemployed, in prison, or dead.
                    Wisconsin criminalized bail bondsmen. Surety Bondsman may not employ "agents" to recover their principal. They must use the POLICE to do so up here. Now that sounds like a walking, talking, civil rights violation under of color of law, dosen't it?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X