indian housing security officer wants advise on gangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indian housing security officer wants advise on gangs

I am a security guard on a reservation in wyoming i was wasnting some advise on gangs in other western states we have a lot of mexican, and black people moving on or near our reservation and am just wanting to be more updated on these issues.

Originally posted by esha254
    I am a security guard on a reservation in wyoming i was wasnting some advise on gangs in other western states we have a lot of mexican, and black people moving on or near our reservation and am just wanting to be more updated on these issues.
    Why do you think these "mexican" and "black" people as you call them, are members of street gangs? Have you ever heard of racial profiling?

If your quesiton is serious, then I can point you to some good info on the internet and I have some things I can send you via e-mail.

If these folks who are moving into your area are, in fact, gang members then you have a problem on your hands that will need to be addressed right away.

Comment

appology to histfan 71

I need to apologize for the way i worded the natoinality of people who live on or near our reservation in wyoming. I did not intend to offend any one i was just seeking some advise.

Comment

Originally posted by esha254
        I need to apologize for the way i worded the natoinality of people who live on or near our reservation in wyoming. I did not intend to offend any one i was just seeking some advise.
        Thanks for the apology Esha. I appreciate it.

Seriously, though, why do you think gang bangers are invading your community? Have you seen gang-type tattoos on them? Has there been gang-style grafitti drawn in the neighborhood? Has the crime rate drastically risen?

If the answer to any of these is yes, I would suggest you speak with the local police about it. Those are signs that a gang has moved in to your community.

Comment

This months' issue (Feb. '06) of Police magazine has a great article on Gangs and their Tattoos.
          Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Gangs

esha 254-

Are the "hispanics" mexican, el salvadorian, panamanian? If you have reason to believe that there is gang activity within these communities, my questioning is important in helping to identify the possible gangs in your area. I worked a gang infested area as a patrol officer for several years, and then transfered to an investigators position that dealt with intelligence on the same gangs (mostly hispanic). Your questioning was not out of line. This type of subject is obviously new to you and you community (area of operation). Let me know if I can help.

Comment

There's a decent paper available via the web, "Youth gangs in Indian Country". I've done a lot of research on this for work, but 99.9% of that applied to Alaskan Native populations.

http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/202714.pdf

Also see various papers at- http://nij.ncjrs.org/publications/pu...ll&category=99

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X