Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Security Uncovers Weapons

Colorado Springs, CO:
    A high school security guard stopped a suspicious vehicle on the high school parking lot. Several weapons were found in the vehicle after a consent to search was given to the school resource officer. The occupants were taken into custody.

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/2320131.html
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

So, who wants to find out what powers and authority she had? She conducted a traffic stop on public property (A school,) something that law enforcement officers deride as "impersonation." Obviously, the SRO (Who was most likely sworn) had no problem with this behavior. Perhaps they have red/blue submission lights and are sworn peace officers?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      So, who wants to find out what powers and authority she had? She conducted a traffic stop on public property (A school,) something that law enforcement officers deride as "impersonation." Obviously, the SRO (Who was most likely sworn) had no problem with this behavior. Perhaps they have red/blue submission lights and are sworn peace officers?
      I have not taken the time out to read Colorado's statutes. There is such a thing as a "public security officer". Some states also allow security officers to make such traffic stops to investigate suspicious behavior.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X