Spring Break for High School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Break for High School

Its spring break.. we're going to do some curfew sweeps. Had a good one last night. Netted 10. Anyone else work community security that does curfew patrol?

Our state curfew law was deemed unconstitutional and abolished.
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

Curfew? What's that? They check into my hotel & use drugs to stay awake for the 4 days they are here!
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Spring Break equivalent is the rush by seniors and those who want to be seniors up to the gold coast for a few weeks. Underage drinking, assault and drug use is high as most parents will fork out $2k for their darlings to go and kill themselves for 2 weeks or so. Cheap packages are on offer for apartments as hotels are usually unwilling to let 16 year olds play hotel cricket in the corridors at 0400.
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix View Post
          Our state curfew law was deemed unconstitutional and abolished.
          As it should have been.
          "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chaple View Post
            As it should have been.
            But can it still be enforced on privet property?

Comment

There is no law (in my state) to enforce so it isn't an issue on private property. However, a property owner may impose certain rules relating to "curfew" issues. Malls are a good example.

On a side note, some Indiana towns and cities have adopt local ordnances to address curfew issues. My city has not.
              sigpic

Comment

As it should have been.

Kansas City has a curfew for minors of 2300 on weekdays and 0000 on weekends. I think every city should have one. Someone please tell me what business children age 17 and below have outside the home after midnight? Obviously up to no good(in MOST not all cases)

Keep in mind this curfew does not apply to minors that are out and about with proper supervision~ aka a responsible adult
                Last edited by shawn0331; 03-19-2008, 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by shawn0331 View Post
                  Kansas City has a curfew for minors of 2300 on weekdays and 0000 on weekends. I think every city should have one. Someone please tell me what business children age 17 and below have outside the home after midnight? Obviously up to no good(in MOST not all cases)

Keep in mind this curfew does not apply to minors that are out and about with proper supervision~ aka a responsible adult
                  No business!
                  ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

I am not suggesting that those no-good niks with their long hair and rock music should be out late. I am just saying that it is their parents' job to make that call, and I am not a fan of the nanny state. State enforced curfews, in my uneducated opinion, also seem to be in conflict with the fourteenth amendment to the U.S. constitution.
                    "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

You are exactly right. No business being out that late. Its for their safety

Comment

I am just saying that it is their parents' job to make that call
                        I understand where you are coming from Mr. C but the fact of the matter is there are way to many incompetent parents in this country.......what kind of RESPONSIBLE parent would let their kids off of their property unsupervised after midnight anyhow? Im assuming you dont have kids Mr. C.........

laws are put in place to protect the citizens life and property and this one is no different

Comment

Procudures (or law enforcemnt rules) are for people who can't understand policies (or legal justice), like those who do not regulate children at all due to neglect.

Not that there would be justifiable reasons to break curfew, but those would never usually require discretion of law enforcement, nor go any further in most cases.

Comment

In the absence of a curfew law, we have used other statutes to pick up the slack. I agree, most kids out after midnight are looking to get into trouble. We have a very functional delinquency statute as well as the old stand-by’s such as minor consuming, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct, trespassing, etc.

As my uncle uses to say, there are only two things to do after midnight. Getting arrested or getting pregnant.
                            sigpic

Comment

laws are put in place to protect the citizens life and property and this one is no different

That should not be the purpose nor reason for laws. That it has become the sole purpose and reason is a sad commentary on our society.
                              "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X