Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security Guard Rapes Spring Breaker -- Then Pushes Her Over a 6th Floor Balcony

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by dougo83 View Post
    I would hope so. TX sure does...
    It does but read my post above. If he was in house, he is not regulated, nothing required.

    Also he can begin work once his application is in the mail. It doesn't even have to been received yet just dropped in the mail box.
    SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
      It does but read my post above. If he was in house, he is not regulated, nothing required.

      Also he can begin work once his application is in the mail. It doesn't even have to been received yet just dropped in the mail box.
      Yea..that's kind of scary don't ya think?

      Comment


      • #18
        In no way at all am I in any way blaming the girl but I should post pictures of the way they dress while here on Spring Break. 2 known prostitutes ("Escorts") complained to my Night Auditor that they would be thrown out of the hotel if they dressed like some of the students on spring break did. (And Montreal has snow, they are not on a beach).

        I think I posted about this last year. 2 Rent-a-cops (sorry, working In-House this is what I call Contract Security) were accused of touching a female Spring Breaker at my hotel. They had just finished taking courses at a school that gives Security Guard courses. The school set up a Security Guard Agency so it could advertise that 100% of it's graduates found jobs. There prices were way below the going rate. I needed 2 extra bodies to work along side my increased staff so we figured that even if they had no experience, they could at least be an extra body.
        They were charged by the police. I fired the company the next day. we heard from them once after that when the company tried to get paid. (We told them to take a hike). The hotel was never sued. I do not know if the Rent-a-cop company/school was.
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

        Comment


        • #19
          I knew a G armed license had a tem.if a manager signed off,but don't remember a d unarmed having a temp, but then it's been 12 years.


          I was offered a job today armed at $8=$8.50. I supply everything but the shirt. Then was told no taxes withheld. I checked for a business license come to find out they were denied several times. Now running on a family member's license. I believe the reason for not w/holding taxes is to avoid paying part of the taxes as an employer, then also evading the worker comp. insurance. I don't know for possitive yet,but why else??? eight dollars armed and I gotta pay taxes wtf???? needless to say I'm still unemployed. Something needs to be done about the fl. security industry and pay. I have to have 3 licenses, a d, a g, and a dl, for $8.00/hour, and buy my own gear,wtf???
          THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by gixxer32404 View Post
            I knew a G armed license had a tem.if a manager signed off,but don't remember a d unarmed having a temp, but then it's been 12 years.


            I was offered a job today armed at $8=$8.50. I supply everything but the shirt. Then was told no taxes withheld. I checked for a business license come to find out they were denied several times. Now running on a family member's license. I believe the reason for not w/holding taxes is to avoid paying part of the taxes as an employer, then also evading the worker comp. insurance. I don't know for possitive yet,but why else??? eight dollars armed and I gotta pay taxes wtf???? needless to say I'm still unemployed. Something needs to be done about the fl. security industry and pay. I have to have 3 licenses, a d, a g, and a dl, for $8.00/hour, and buy my own gear,wtf???
            Ummm if you have a D,G and a FL. DL try useing craigslist there are lots of people hiring at min of $10 average of $12 per hour. from Miami up to tampa
            Ethical Schizophrenia is the substance of heroes. -Frank Rich

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by mad_malk View Post
              Ummm if you have a D,G and a FL. DL try useing craigslist there are lots of people hiring at min of $10 average of $12 per hour. from Miami up to tampa
              He's in Tallahassee. The Panhandle doesn't pay anywhere near as much as south FL.
              SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

              Comment


              • #22
                Kinda funny that they require a bunch of equipment as a condition of employment, but don't issue it. Isn't that illegal?
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

                "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                Comment


                • #23
                  ILLEGAL?? I don't know.But I have the list to proove it. Some companies issue equipment, some don't. Many are getting away from issueing firearms, b/c of liability.
                  THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    N.A. I figured you would know if it was illegal since you had ties to Fla. But it's gotta be write off able if i's required.
                    Anyone know if it is illegal?? I figured they would classify it as "tools of the trades" But as in carpentry, it's not requiring a hammer it's requiring a craftsman hammer,for example.
                    Last edited by gixxer32404; 03-22-2008, 01:23 AM. Reason: typo.
                    THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      They're not saying you need a hammer, though. They're saying you need an 8oz DeWalt Hammer with fiberglass shank.

                      When they require specific items, that sounds like a required uniform or gear.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

                      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        right .


                        But it seems etreme. state allows fmj 9mil but they say it gotta be golddot or winchester ranger.

                        AND IT'S 8 HOURS A WEEK ALREADY SPENT OVER 900.00
                        THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by gixxer32404 View Post
                          right .


                          But it seems etreme. state allows fmj 9mil but they say it gotta be golddot or winchester ranger.

                          AND IT'S 8 HOURS A WEEK ALREADY SPENT OVER 900.00
                          Many people confuse a state requirement with a company rule.

                          The state allows JHP, EFMJ, or FMJ for 9mm. It allows JHP for .38 Special.

                          A company policy may be, and they are within their rights to do this, that you will carry Winchester Ranger JHP in 9mm, or Federal Hydrashok in .38 Special.

                          My personal preference is, and I believe that labor law requires, if you start naming model numbers of items, you need to be issuing it.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

                          "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                            Many people confuse a state requirement with a company rule.

                            The state allows JHP, EFMJ, or FMJ for 9mm. It allows JHP for .38 Special.

                            A company policy may be, and they are within their rights to do this, that you will carry Winchester Ranger JHP in 9mm, or Federal Hydrashok in .38 Special.

                            My personal preference is, and I believe that labor law requires, if you start naming model numbers of items, you need to be issuing it.
                            I would agree with that. I have never heard of a company requiring specific equipment and not providing it. For example, I have seen companies requiring black boots that they do not provide. The employee is free to buy any pair of black boots that they like. But I have never heard of a company requiring a specific brand/model of boots but then making you buy them. That is just not right.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              If the company requires something very specific they can issue it to me other wise I'll carry what i want. I under stand the min requirement on some items such as flashlight lumes etc. but other wise i carry what i want unless you are going to issue it to me. IF you want me to were bates boots or 5.11 boots your more then welcome to buy them and issue them to me. If you specify a boot in black polished that gives full ankle support thats a different story. Just my opinion and my personal practice but you do what you like. I would tell this company either give me hours or go pound sand.
                              Ethical Schizophrenia is the substance of heroes. -Frank Rich

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                                Many people confuse a state requirement with a company rule.

                                The state allows JHP, EFMJ, or FMJ for 9mm. It allows JHP for .38 Special.

                                A company policy may be, and they are within their rights to do this, that you will carry Winchester Ranger JHP in 9mm, or Federal Hydrashok in .38 Special.

                                My personal preference is, and I believe that labor law requires, if you start naming model numbers of items, you need to be issuing it.
                                And they are more then free to provide them then. Other wise they can pound sand.
                                Ethical Schizophrenia is the substance of heroes. -Frank Rich

                                Comment

                                Leaderboard

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X