Sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep

If you have the oppurtunity to do so buy yourself April's Readers Digest, and page 140. It is an article about sleep, or lack there of.

It seems it is a new fad for some that those of us who where a pajamas to
    bed, our teddy bear to comfort us, and get eight hours of sleep, are whimps

Macho men and women don't sleep. Oh really?

There are so many things our bodies do when we sleep

Compare this to when you do diganostic test on your car, and the mechanic adds new motor oil, and platnum spark plugs. That is what is happening when you get a good amount of sleep.

Boys and Girls we are in a 24/7 business. I can testify to that because I worked Saturday afternoon at 1600 through to Sunday at 0800.

I spent four hours sleeping. In about another hour my wife and I have to drive through the city of Boston heading North. Driving through Boston is a nightmare on the weekends. I know not all spark plugs are firing for me

Bottom line. My wife is alert and awake, and she is driving

So as our Hulk Hogan tells us. Drink your milk. Eat your cookies, Say your prayers, and most important, GET SOME GOOD SLEEP

Your comments on Sleep?
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

I don't know that its new, people have been doing it as long as I've been alive. But you're correct. I try and get eight hours, I feel better if I do. Unfortunately working some days, some swing and some grave its hard not to get shortchanged.

Whats a real shame is studies have show just how rejuvenating a ten to twenty cat nap can be, but try it on the job and you'll be looking for a new employer.

Comment

I have a 4 month old at home. If not for the fact that I have a 2 hour commute each way I'd get no sleep at all.
      The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

My Thought

Sleep deprivation is a serious health risk. It strains the immune system thereby allowing abnormal cells to possibly multiply unchecked. Safety is another issue. Very few of us can get the sleep we would like. Taking naps is one way to minimize the risks.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Sleep....hmm. I seem to remember what that is, vaguely I try for the 8 hrs. myself, but I usually end up somewhere around 6. That's on a good day btw Lately though, I've been thinking that I may have that sleep deprivation problem so it's 1 of a few things that will be brought up at my next doctor's appointment. Wish me luck
          "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

As I have gotten older I hope I have gotten smarter. Working for a Contract Security Company it is not unusall for our Rover to call me at home for a "no show". Most times I am a loyal employee and will jump in my car and work the
            open post.

Last week about 4:15 in the afternoon, after having been wokring since four in the morning the Rover called me at home. He wanted me to shoot over
            to one of our accounts where there was a "no show".

May have said yes except for the fact that I would have worked until midnight. Gotten home at 30 minutes after 12, and would have had to get up at about 3 in the morning. That is less than three hours sleep.

I told the Rover No!

I can recall 20 years ago approaching a railroad crossing. This was a crosing
            with just bells and red flashing lights, no cross arm going down across the road. If it were not for the sound of the train's deisel horn, I might not be writting this.

I had fallen asleep, after maybe 25 hours sleep in the course of seven days.
            I was jolted out of asleep.

You know that new Detex/ToCo button that has been placed out at the
            South Warehouse your supposed to swipe with the wand? During the sleep process your brain stores that information

That cute looking blond. She is the girl you met at the Country Bar Twist and
            Shoot. Do you recall she gave you her phone number? If you had enough sleep you would have remember it. But no you were to Macho to sleep. Now the Nerd who gets ten hours of sleep and recallls her phone number and is taking her to the Church Social Saturday Dinner

Comment

Sorry to say this ladies and gents, but it is a known fact that shift workers have a shorter life span and are more prone to suicide - so no1 touch anything ok ?

A few times I relieved on shifts or covered absences it was usually the 2 x days and 2 x nights and if I finished at 0700 I would barely make it home on without trouble as I was closing my eyes as I drove home in traffic. Yet when I finished at 0545 it was easy to get home, especially in winter as it was still with the first beams of sunrise coming from the horizon.

After work 7 x 12's with a rotational night shift of 3 nights, I came home exhausted once and fell asleep for 2 hours before the wife2b rings me to say he son was in a car accident - no injuries just his stupidity caused damage. I asked if he was injured and she said No but asked for me to check on him. I told her No, I am needing to sleep before I drive again as I knew I barely made it home from this night shift. This caused a huge fight as no1 was injured, his stupidity caused the car accident and I was not going to be another statistic or hurt someone else because of her demands.

Sometimes you just need to say NO for your own sake and that of the people you may injure as a result of your fatique.
              "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
                If you have the oppurtunity to do so buy yourself April's Readers Digest, and page 140. It is an article about sleep, or lack there of.

It seems it is a new fad for some that those of us who where a pajamas to
                bed, our teddy bear to comfort us, and get eight hours of sleep, are whimps

Macho men and women don't sleep. Oh really?

There are so many things our bodies do when we sleep

Compare this to when you do diganostic test on your car, and the mechanic adds new motor oil, and platnum spark plugs. That is what is happening when you get a good amount of sleep.

Boys and Girls we are in a 24/7 business. I can testify to that because I worked Saturday afternoon at 1600 through to Sunday at 0800.

I spent four hours sleeping. In about another hour my wife and I have to drive through the city of Boston heading North. Driving through Boston is a nightmare on the weekends. I know not all spark plugs are firing for me

Bottom line. My wife is alert and awake, and she is driving

So as our Hulk Hogan tells us. Drink your milk. Eat your cookies, Say your prayers, and most important, GET SOME GOOD SLEEP

Your comments on Sleep?

Actually Hulk Hogan says "Train, say your prayers and eat your vitamins"

I get around 9-11 hours of sleep a night. Sleep is very good for you.

Comment

Security Mike:
                  You are a good little Hulkster.
                  Hulk Hogan's wife tossed him out of the house. She was not too pleased Hogan was sleeping with their daughter's best friend.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X