Members on-line vs. Guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members on-line vs. Guests

Over the months, I've noticed that we have considerably more guests viewing this forum than members. As I write this, it's 1 member to 23 guests. Why is there such a difference? Are members simply viewing the forum and not logging on unless they want to post? What do you think?
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Over the months, I've noticed that we have considerably more guests viewing this forum than members. As I write this, it's 1 member to 23 guests. Why is there such a difference? Are members simply viewing the forum and not logging on unless they want to post? What do you think?
    Mr. Security and fellow forum members I do not understand this. All we as a collective body can hope for is those that those who visit with us take away something useful and armed with that information may become interested in this profession or assist them in some form or fashion. As with the person in school who is afraid of saying something the rest of the class might think stupid, we here should be above that. Ridicule of a person's remark shows shortsightedness on our part.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

You've got people from Officer.com reading, the usual folks who come in via the search engines about a perticular topic and read a few other posts (Especially when they're reading posts that are 4-24 months old), and finally the lurkers, who usually see no reason to sign up.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

You've got people from Officer.com reading, the usual folks who come in via the search engines about a perticular topic and read a few other posts (Especially when they're reading posts that are 4-24 months old), and finally the lurkers, who usually see no reason to sign up.

From the "Who's Online," it looks like quite a few folks are search engine users. A few are printing topics out, as well, its safe to say - they're using "printable view."

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier

From the "Who's Online," it looks like quite a few folks are search engine users. A few are printing topics out, as well, its safe to say - they're using "printable view."
          Good observation. Let's hope we don't have too many "spies" trying to track us. (I'm paranoid )

Comment

N.A., I would still like to know what they are thinking, why they are "lurking." If their interest is tweaked, all the better. Still nice to know if we can help us or they can help us.
            If they are printing posted material, hopefully nothing we have posted will be taken out of context or given their particular spin to the subject.
            If they quote verbatim, it is hoped the author will be cited.
            Maybe if we keep it lively enough, those folks who have lurked will join.
            Enjoy the day,
            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
              I often read without logging in, yet only log in when I need to post. This is especially true at work.
              I login on my computer, but do not login on my GF's linux-based laptop. That keeps her laptop from being loaded with my cookies.

Comment

Good observation. Let's hope we don't have too many "spies" trying to track us. (I'm paranoid )
                Beware of little green men with buggy eyes!
                "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                  Beware of little green men with buggy eyes!
                  I knew it, I just knew it! I'm going to throw out my computer because its been infiltrated with those "little green men."

Comment

I am sure they come in peace.
                    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                    -Lieutenant Commander Data
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                      I am too. Did you bring your taser?

Comment

The little green men are one thing but the little green women are dangerous.

A little booze, a quick ride in the saucer and the next thing you know intergalactic paternaty suit!

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                          Take me to your leader.

Comment

Originally posted by ACP01
                            The little green men are one thing but the little green women are dangerous.

A little booze, a quick ride in the saucer and the next thing you know intergalactic paternaty suit!
                            Yeah, just ask CPT Kirk.
                            sigpic

Comment

I am too. Did you bring your taser?
                              No, but my phaser is set on stun.
                              sigpic

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X