Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, this just makes me go WTF?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OK, this just makes me go WTF?

    I mean come on, you got caught and all you can come up with is a half assed, nonchalant attitude?
    http://www.wpbf.com/news/15194935/detail.html
    After reading the header, be sure and watch the "teens rob scout" video to the right sidebar; what the hell kind of apology was that?!

    Stealing from a 9 year old? Jesus H......
    Last edited by flashlightcop509; 03-11-2008, 08:31 PM.
    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

  • #2
    Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
    I mean come on, you got caught and all you can come up with is a half assed, nonchalant attitude?
    http://www.wpbf.com/news/15194935/detail.html
    After reading the header, be sure and watch the "teens rob scout" video to the right sidebar; what the hell kind of apology was that?!

    Stealing from a 9 year old? Jesus H......
    I've said it before here, but WTF Florida.

    Authorities said that a 17-year-old girl in a hot-pink sweatshirt approached Smith outside of a Winn-Dixie supermarket at Hypoluxo and Jog roads in Lake Worth Wednesday evening and asked the girl what her favorite cookies were. Police told WPBF that, while Smith was telling the teen about her favorite Cinna-Spins, the teen snatched an envelope containing about $164 off of Smith's table, hopped into another teen's car and drove away.
    Authorities said the teens were not charged because they did not use force to steal the money, nor did they take the money from the Girl Scout’s hands.
    ???

    In Texas taking that money without the consent of the owner would be Class B Theft. You mean I can go to Florida and steal in plain sight and as long as I don't use force or take it from their hands it's ok??

    WTF...
    ~Black Caesar~
    Corbier's Commandos

    " "The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." ~Margaret Thatcher

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Black Caesar View Post
      I've said it before here, but WTF Florida.





      ???

      In Texas taking that money without the consent of the owner would be Class B Theft. You mean I can go to Florida and steal in plain sight and as long as I don't use force or take it from their hands it's ok??

      WTF...
      No you cant its petit theft 1st degree misdemeanor because its more than $ 100 but less than $300. In florida, For a police officer to arrest for petit theft that is not a retail theft it must be committed in presence.
      Last edited by bigdog; 03-11-2008, 11:56 PM.
      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Black Caesar View Post
        In Texas taking that money without the consent of the owner would be Class B Theft. You mean I can go to Florida and steal in plain sight and as long as I don't use force or take it from their hands it's ok??
        LOL! I have to agree, that is pretty friggin' ridiculous!
        111th PAPD Class
        Bravo Platoon 4th Squad

        Comment


        • #5
          Hello, sports fans, and welcome to another crazy episode of "Florida, California, or Germany?", the show where you have to decide whether an outrageous news story occurred in Florida, California, or Germany... because that's where they all seem to happen!
          "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

          "The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

          Comment


          • #6
            Time to go old school

            What I mean public caning like singapore.
            CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594


            oh ya

            Comment


            • #7
              W..t..f..

              What's the world (Florida) coming to 1st we've got the voting thing (recounts, recounts), and now it's this....
              Someone stealing from a girlscout and nothing has happened, yet....OMG
              "Life In Every Breath"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by darkenna View Post
                Hello, sports fans, and welcome to another crazy episode of "Florida, California, or Germany?", the show where you have to decide whether an outrageous news story occurred in Florida, California, or Germany... because that's where they all seem to happen!
                Do they still play that on "Love Line"? Not that I used to listen to "Love Line"
                "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

                Comment


                • #9
                  Not sure about the US but up until my first year in highschool (1982) when I was in year 7, caning was still around. It was a yard long bamboo stick - 3 on each hand for bad things.

                  In Singapore I was there when a young aussie idiot spray painted walls and was to have been given a public caning with a Rattan which is about 4-5 foot long, and is thick like a twisted vine. I have seen the Singaporean police in action as they were training for protests (pays to know someone) and a former workmate from India was an excop who said crowd control was all about using a 5 foot Rattan to move people back.

                  I can fedex 1 over to Florida for you - free of charge.
                  "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mr. Chaple View Post
                    Do they still play that on "Love Line"? Not that I used to listen to "Love Line"

                    Heh.

                    That one originated with two radio guys in Boston about 15 years ago. And, like so many other shticks of theirs, was promptly stolen. Still funny as hell.
                    "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

                    "The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Where the hell are these girls parents, and why are they still able to drive a car? If this was my daughter, she would be grounded for life, and ALL her toys (car, Cell, computer, Ipod) taken away.

                      She would also be working to repay this girl times 10. (Oh, also she would no longer be allowed to hang with the other girl.)

                      Whatever the state can do to them, as their parent my approach would be ten times worse. And after appearing un-apologetic on the video? ... Can't we still send them to a nunnery?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Public caning and the bigger the cane the better!!!!!! Those girls are nothing more than worthless cowards... They want money, then maybe they should put some energy into a new concept, it's called a JOB....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kingsman View Post
                          Where the hell are these girls parents, and why are they still able to drive a car? If this was my daughter, she would be grounded for life, and ALL her toys (car, Cell, computer, Ipod) taken away.

                          She would also be working to repay this girl times 10. (Oh, also she would no longer be allowed to hang with the other girl.)

                          Whatever the state can do to them, as their parent my approach would be ten times worse. And after appearing un-apologetic on the video? ... Can't we still send them to a nunnery?
                          Amen, I agree! And the 3-letter word J O B is an appropriate statement as well, which some teenagers have no concept of
                          "Life In Every Breath"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bigdog View Post
                            No you cant its petit theft 1st degree misdemeanor because its more than $ 100 but less than $300. In florida, For a police officer to arrest for petit theft that is not a retail theft it must be committed in presence.
                            Wow... terribly complex situation!

                            Is INVESTIGATION not a word in FLORIDA?

                            We need to tell Florida LEO's to:
                            1)- Get witness statements.
                            2)- Take the info to the District Attorney.
                            3)- Then ask a judge for an arrest warrant.
                            4)- OMG, then it wouldn't be a warrantless arrest!

                            Talk about flippin lazy.

                            This almost makes me sick

                            Justice_Hound
                            LP Manager
                            We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
                            -George Orwell

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Worse than caning ? - "the mother's look !".

                              A few years back, a 15 y/o "Miss Attitude" was caught for a $50.00 shirt with her 12 y/o sister and inside my office decided to give me lip. I bluffed and said we should call the police and when she saw me on the phone, got harder to deal with. Parents were called and came within 30 minutes. Miss A did not see them arrive outside and I asked the mum to give the killer look which had the girl burst into tears. Parents were very cool and caring but her little brother summed it up "When mum looks angry like that, we are in big trouble". Mum's Looks should be registered as lethal weapons.
                              "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X