Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    [QUOTE=Chucky;55188]OZ that reminds me I don't know if you all have the 99 Restaurants in your area but the ones we have you push the door open to enter and the lights go on ..............

Chucky does it wipe ya clacker and powder it as well ?

Sorry Chucky we don't but I know in 1992 when I was first in Singapore the bloody dunny flushed as I walked up to it and a red light came on (sensor to know it was being used). In Japan I found these gadgets to be amazing about 10 years ago including the all in one basin and hand dryer as well. A hotel in LA near LAX I stayed at once, had me confused looking for a bathroom light switch (which are all upside down in the US) only to find it was a sensor light - good idea.

On the note of theft - my firearms instructor has a deterrent as he spray paints all his belts and holsters for use by newbies with a bright pink marking paint. No-one is going to steal anything marked pink unless it was Paris Hilton.
    Last edited by NRM_Oz; 03-13-2008, 01:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Justice_Hound
    replied
    Originally posted by darkenna View Post

Cops are some of the biggest thieves I've ever met...
    Hahaha

Tell me about it! Three times in the last two weeks three diferrent PD officers have tried to take my S&W handcuffs when they come to transport shoplifters to lockup. They just give me this evil smirk when I tell them to swap cuffs. I am almost ready to buy a set of PINK ASPs.

Justice_Hound
    LP Manager

Leave a comment:

• kingsman
    replied
    I have not noticed that the alcohol based hand sanitizer makes my hands dryer. It has lotion in it as well.

Leave a comment:

• privatecop625
    replied
    Hand Washing

With me working in a hospital we are all constently washing our hands, but at the hospial we have foam cleaner i am all ways usally using that, yea my hands get dried out but i allways have lotation on hand when they do start to get dry.

-Privatecop625-

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
    Nexcare is what I have used before and found it to be adequate.

Ok before we run off to spend $$$ consider this:

1. You go for a pit-stop and open the door inside - do your business.
    2. You then turn on the tap (faucet for our US friends) wash your hands.
    3. Turn off the tap with your clean hands touching the germ infested handle.
    4. You leave touching usually 2 door handles from the bloke before you who never washed or sneezed then touched the handle.
    Haven't you encountered any of those Stockland Shopping Centre's with their redesigned toilets yet? they have no doors simply overlapping walls (like a maze)

I've used a few alcohol based hand sanitizers over the years, from those cloudy white products to the pinkish 'Hexol' which most of you would probably remember... times have changed and manufacturers have strived towards improving their products the latest water-free hand cleanser I've used (and can highly recommend) is from Purell and contains Aloe-vera extract to help prevent skin drying out

FWIW soap, water & paper towels do more damage to your hands (by drying them out) than any alcohol based cleanser, the reason is the paper towels don't dry too effectively... though to be fair some people's skin is more prone to such problems than others
    Last edited by Maelstrom; 03-12-2008, 11:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BoyInBlue
    replied
    I just bought a pen sized sprayer from Walmart, but I cant find any links to it.
    I'll keep it in my suit at the nightclub.

Germ-X
    Handipen

in the travel section at Walmart

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    Soap and water is still the recommended method, but for stuff like blood and other bodily fluids (always be sure to wear gloves when dealing with such). We use a product called Manorapid, even works nicely on your Hatch gloves and also can be found in hospitals so be nice to those nurses.

As for everything else wash frequently with soap and hot water.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    OZ that reminds me I don't know if you all have the 99 Restaurants in your area but the ones we have you push the door open to enter and the lights go on. You do your thing then the auto flush does it's thing hold your hands under the automatic soap dispenser for a dab. then after agitating them you hold them under the faucet and the water rinses them.

Next you hold your hands under the paper towel dispenser and out comes the economy size piece of paper. You dry off toss the used towel in the waste and move to the door. Yup you guessed it the door opens in and you have to grab the germ infested handle. I have made it a habit when at that restaurant to use the paper towel to open the door then let it stay wrapped on the handle so the owners may get the hint or put a waste can next to the door.

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Nexcare is what I have used before and found it to be adequate.

Ok before we run off to spend $$$ consider this:

1. You go for a pit-stop and open the door inside - do your business.
    2. You then turn on the tap (faucet for our US friends) wash your hands.
    3. Turn off the tap with your clean hands touching the germ infested handle.
    4. You leave touching usually 2 door handles from the bloke before you who never washed or sneezed then touched the handle.

During winter and with so many culturally challenged students at the college I used to use a hospital grade air freshener and disinfectant called GLEN 20 (not sure if it is available outside Australia). Our sickness was dramatically reduced and it cost a few hundred a year in cans of this stuff (smells nice too).

Know anyone flies for an airline ? 99% of them use a hand santiser due to the people they meet and the work they carry out in their roles. Catch a train, open a door, sit down for lunch ? You don't know WHAT is lurking around you and even your own A/C and car are not free from contaminants. I have used medi-preps on equipment like phones, etc and you would be surprised the black muck that comes off white telephone handsets.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    I could care less about your towels and bedsheets. I want the little soaps, shampoos, conditioners, and other travel toiletries. Those are useful!
    Will that be cash or credit card?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    Sure that's it - post on a SECURITY forum suggesting people steal There are towels & bedsheats lying around my hotel. Want some?
    I could care less about your towels and bedsheets. I want the little soaps, shampoos, conditioners, and other travel toiletries. Those are useful!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    Sure that's it - post on a SECURITY forum suggesting people steal There are towels & bedsheats lying around my hotel. Want some?
    Only after you wash them.

Leave a comment:

• Security
    replied
    3M makes a product called Nexcare moisturizing hand sanitizer. It's actually some pretty good stuff...

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
    also they do make instant hand sanitizer with lotion built in. if you cant find it in a store, visit your local hospital and there's a good chance there are bottles just lying around everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Ask. First. Nicely. Then steal it?

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X