X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darkenna
    replied
    Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
    also they do make instant hand sanitizer with lotion built in. if you cant find it in a store, visit your local hospital and there's a good chance there are bottles just lying around everywhere.

Cops are some of the biggest thieves I've ever met...

Leave a comment:

• mjw064
    replied
    also they do make instant hand sanitizer with lotion built in. if you cant find it in a store, visit your local hospital and there's a good chance there are bottles just lying around everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Sanitizer dries out your skin - but it's worth it. Just increase your use of lotion before going to bed. Cracks in the skin can be a risk with exposure to biohazards.

Leave a comment:

• CameraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
    hahaha. alcohol based hand sanitizer is going to dry your hands out worse.
    I don't care how dry they get, as long as I don't get sick.

Leave a comment:

• mjw064
    replied
    hahaha. alcohol based hand sanitizer is going to dry your hands out worse.

Leave a comment:

• CameraMan
    replied
    I shake hands with people from all over the world all day long, and I have a four month old at home. You better believe I go through a mini bottle of hand sanitizer a week, and I got a flu shot too.

I'm pretty sure that all alchohol based sanitizer is more or less the same- at least, I can't think of what they would do differently other than the label and maybe the binding agent.

Leave a comment:

• CorpSec
    replied
    I buy the 40 ounce sized bottles of Germ X from Walmart and place them all all of our desks. I probably wash my hands with it every other hour on average.

When you have so many people sharing the same keyboards, phones, tour PIPES, etc. it is sound logic to have some sort of infection control going on.

I am pretty hard core about sanitation at work. I have our cleaners leave bottles of disinfectant and wipes in our control room so we can wipe down the shared equipment on a frequent basis. If an officer is somewhat sick, they are to wipe down the entire work area before they leave. They also inform the person assuming their post that they have a little something and that person most often will do a secondary cleaning of all the shared equipment.

My guys thought I was a little out there when I started all of this cleaning and disinfecting stuff, but considering that we no longer have sickness going through the department in waves (knock on wood) they have signed on. At the end of the last few winters, people have even remarked to me how little sickness seemed to occur on the staff.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Won't using alcohol based hand cleaners dry them out more than soap & water?

Leave a comment:

• Plugger
    started a topic Hand sanitizers

Hand sanitizers

I'm touching doors and door handles all through my shift and this includes bathrooms. Continually washing my hands dried out my skin. So I am going to start carrying a bottle of hand sanitizer with me. My question is, are all the hand sanitizers equally good? Thank you for any recommendations.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X