Hand sanitizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand sanitizers

I'm touching doors and door handles all through my shift and this includes bathrooms. Continually washing my hands dried out my skin. So I am going to start carrying a bottle of hand sanitizer with me. My question is, are all the hand sanitizers equally good? Thank you for any recommendations.

Won't using alcohol based hand cleaners dry them out more than soap & water?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I buy the 40 ounce sized bottles of Germ X from Walmart and place them all all of our desks. I probably wash my hands with it every other hour on average.

When you have so many people sharing the same keyboards, phones, tour PIPES, etc. it is sound logic to have some sort of infection control going on.

I am pretty hard core about sanitation at work. I have our cleaners leave bottles of disinfectant and wipes in our control room so we can wipe down the shared equipment on a frequent basis. If an officer is somewhat sick, they are to wipe down the entire work area before they leave. They also inform the person assuming their post that they have a little something and that person most often will do a secondary cleaning of all the shared equipment.

My guys thought I was a little out there when I started all of this cleaning and disinfecting stuff, but considering that we no longer have sickness going through the department in waves (knock on wood) they have signed on. At the end of the last few winters, people have even remarked to me how little sickness seemed to occur on the staff.

Comment

I shake hands with people from all over the world all day long, and I have a four month old at home. You better believe I go through a mini bottle of hand sanitizer a week, and I got a flu shot too.

I'm pretty sure that all alchohol based sanitizer is more or less the same- at least, I can't think of what they would do differently other than the label and maybe the binding agent.
        The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

hahaha. alcohol based hand sanitizer is going to dry your hands out worse.
          Washington DC

Comment

Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
            hahaha. alcohol based hand sanitizer is going to dry your hands out worse.
            I don't care how dry they get, as long as I don't get sick.
            The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Sanitizer dries out your skin - but it's worth it. Just increase your use of lotion before going to bed. Cracks in the skin can be a risk with exposure to biohazards.
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

also they do make instant hand sanitizer with lotion built in. if you cant find it in a store, visit your local hospital and there's a good chance there are bottles just lying around everywhere.
                Washington DC

Comment

also they do make instant hand sanitizer with lotion built in. if you cant find it in a store, visit your local hospital and there's a good chance there are bottles just lying around everywhere.

Cops are some of the biggest thieves I've ever met...
                  "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

Comment

Ask. First. Nicely. Then steal it?
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Sure that's it - post on a SECURITY forum suggesting people steal There are towels & bedsheats lying around my hotel. Want some?

Comment

3M makes a product called Nexcare moisturizing hand sanitizer. It's actually some pretty good stuff...
                        111th PAPD Class
                        Bravo Platoon 4th Squad

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                          Sure that's it - post on a SECURITY forum suggesting people steal There are towels & bedsheats lying around my hotel. Want some?
                          Only after you wash them.
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                            I could care less about your towels and bedsheets. I want the little soaps, shampoos, conditioners, and other travel toiletries. Those are useful!
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                              I could care less about your towels and bedsheets. I want the little soaps, shampoos, conditioners, and other travel toiletries. Those are useful!
                              Will that be cash or credit card?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X