Whats the worst post you ever worked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the worst post you ever worked?

When I think back to how far I've moved up in this industry, I fondly think back to the many days I thought I just might quit. The worst post I ever had was as a Guard in a Low Income Housing Project, on the grave shift to boot.
    I was constantly in fear for my life and I've never been threatened so much on a daily basis.
    I would literally get sick at the thought of having to go back each night. I was unarmed, and half of the time my radio didn't work and it didn't really matter because the Supervisors nor Police wanted to show up anyway.
    Many days I thought I'd just quit and go work at McDonald's, the pay was the same and I'd probably have moved up faster going from fries to working the window in no time flat.
    I stuck it out in Security though, and today I'm glad I did. At McDonald's I'd have probably topped out at Shift Supervisor.
    "Observe & Report" Behind the Scenes with Security, in Their Own Words.
    www.Observeandreport.net
    www.observeandreport.blogspot.com

Well... I belive this topic may have been touched on already, but I belive my worst would have to be Slidell LA after Katrina.... not to bad.
    "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

In Boston at an apartment complex housing roudy Boston University Students
      God what a bunch of spoiled brats. Rude. Drunk. Abusive.
      http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Originally posted by SecureTN View Post
        Well... I belive this topic may have been touched on already, but I belive my worst would have to be Slidell LA after Katrina.... not to bad.
        That's funny because one of my favorite posts was Buras LA after Katrina.

My worst post was a warehouse out here. You just sat in your car for 12hrs, I was sick, tired, and the whole site was covered in mud so you didnt want to walk around, but if you tried to drive, you risked getting your car stuck. I almost lost my car down a muddy hill, which in that case I would have lost the entire day's pay just having a truck tow it out.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Working back of house access at a huge dance party overnight, winter time in snow country. We had only 1 working radio between 4 of us, no shelter or wind breaks and our cars were 5 miles away, minimal snacks and water not happy you could say. I managed to scrounge an old 44 gallon drum to get a fire to keep us from freezing and eventually hitched a ride in with a production truck to blast the security team who were sitting in short sleeves inside the A/C powered cabin. I got my own car and loaded it up with supplies including tarps, and meals for my team. Most S/O's walked off the job when meals and drinks never showed up, but we stuck it out and were rewarded with a $50 bonus.
          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
            That's funny because one of my favorite posts was Buras LA after Katrina.

My worst post was a warehouse out here. You just sat in your car for 12hrs, I was sick, tired, and the whole site was covered in mud so you didnt want to walk around, but if you tried to drive, you risked getting your car stuck. I almost lost my car down a muddy hill, which in that case I would have lost the entire day's pay just having a truck tow it out.

I"d have been temtped to take my jeep out there and really have fun.

Hard to pick a worst, but some of the sites where a homeless person wouldn't use the bathroom, theres no water and food available. I keep a jug of water and some crackers now just in case I wind up at another one of those sites.

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
              In Boston at an apartment complex housing roudy Boston University Students
              God what a bunch of spoiled brats. Rude. Drunk. Abusive.
              I REALLY know where you are coming from. It's "Spring Break" this week. They are all here
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Gay nightclub (with male go-go dancers).

'nuff said.
                Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Comment

Construction yard security. Did it for six months, hated every second, and thought I'd quit any moment.

As it were, I was right.

Comment

A Bridge!!

i had to work a bridge out in the middle of nowehere once. i did it for 2 wks then asked for a transfer. this bridge was over a swamp locals used to love to fish at. i had to guard it in the cold!! i hated it!!

Comment

When I worked for Smith Security in the 1980s, they assigned me to the NSP Corp. H.Q. in downtown Minneapolis. I loathed that assignment (and any other receptionist-type gig). So, I requested a transfer to public housing. Dealing with punks and dopers in hallways smelling of urine was better than standing by an elevator like a cigar store Indian smiling and saying good morning to a bunch of snooty cubicle rats any day. I don't know why Smith had over 20 guys from housing apply for my spot at NSP.

A close second is the time I had to watch a load of booze in a rail yard. They had been hit 3 Sundays in three months. The only vantage point I had was inside a Satellite toilet - and it was 80+ degrees! I stood in there watching through a vent screen until the thieves showed up around 3 pm. I got the bad guys! The cops laughed when I told them where I was hiding. The Sgt. said "what a sh*tty job you have!" The other cops thought that was hilarious and had a good chuckle.
                      "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

Its really a shame we don't get to pick our assignments. We'd have a lot happy security officers that way. I'd be willing to bet it'd even out pretty well with enough action sites for the action guys and enough quiet sites for us quiet guys.

Comment

Construction site. 11:00pm to 7:00am. Back in the early 90’s in the high desert of California. Sit alone in my POV. Unarmed and they did not even issue a radio. Basically I was there for insurance purposes only. If something did happened you would need to leave post to call PD or FD and if you did you would be fired for abandoning your post.
                          (Yes, this actually happened to another officer working a post close to mine at the time)

Comment

A Psychiatric hospital where we were there only for show (to the insurance company). We had zero training. All hospital employees down to the janitors were trained on how to deal with the patients. Not us We were given a pager (not even a walkie-talkie) & were told to wander the hosptial grounds alone & be seen, If we saw a patient escaping we were not to stop them, we had to go tell a nurse or ordely. I worked a few months & almost became a patient!
                            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Bad jobs

I would have to say i have a tie for the worse job. The first one i would have to say would be when i first started Security i got stuck working at Rogans Tent sales. We would work 10 - 12 hour shifts watching shoes all night not much to do and that only paid 7.50 an hour, if someone came up and tried to beat me for shoes, trust me just take them. My life is not worth a pair of shoes - LOL -

The 2nd would have to be working the gate for Menards. It was to hot and busy in the summer and to cold and dead during the winter. U were cramped in to a 10 x 10 shack and only able to walk out side the shack to check out guest.- LOL- Go figure

-Privatecop625-

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X