Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid Claims Guard Beat Him

Pittsburgh, PA:
    A 16 year old high school student and his father are suing the school district and an unnamed security guard after allegations from the student that the guard beat him and dragged him down the hallway in a chokehold. School district officials say the boy was suspended at the time and they plan to charge him with trespassing.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-.../s_424080.html
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Gee, sounds like complaints I've gotten on the job before. Funny how they never had any actual injuries to prove I punched them or pistol whipped them.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

I "choked" a kid once. Human Shield mode against 20 african american teenagers trying to attack myself and my partner.

Mother swore up and down she'd have me arrested. The police were called (by us), her son was trespassed from the property (not on lease,) and my use of force was considered "justified" by the Corporal on duty.

Swore she'd sue. Have I mentioned I've never been sued?
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Chokehold? Sounds like that little creep needed to be dragged out by his heels, with his head bouncing a couple of times off a wall, a trash can, and a pillar!

I am really confused at times. In my Freshman year, I nearly destroyed the face of a teacher who physically and verbally abused me, thinking I was an easy target for him, and in more recent years, told a couple different teachers my daughter had that if they didn't back up and change their ways, they'd have me to deal with!

But at the same time, I've seen more than one student who didn't learn from anything else than a smack in the head, or a good swift kick in the butt! But only when they brought it on themselves, and nothing else tried worked.

I've dealt with kids who thought I could never touch them, and also thought they could sue me for anything. I'd always call their bluff, and then tell them to take it further if they felt there was the need. Never, ever happened.

Just yesterday, in my cab: we take these kids to school, who go to alternative school in the city, on contract with the school district. Most of the time, I have no trouble with these kids, and a few have even said they'd rather talk to me than those counselors they have at the school they attend.

But I had this one; never saw him before. He gets in the cab, and I said good morning to him. He mutered something; I said, "Excuse me?" He then looked right at me, and arrogantly snarled, "I said don't talk to me!!" I slammed on the brakes, and jammed the car into Park. I turned around to look at him, and gave him my deadliest glare withoutsaying a word. Just what I thought; little puke wouldn't even look me in the eye. Part of me told me to tell him to get the hell out of my cab, part told me to tell him to shut the hell up and not tell me what to do in my cab, and another part told me to backhand the little jerk! I'm 45 years old, and have dealt with quite a bit in my life. No 14 year old punk is telling me anything regardless of what he thinks he's been through, etc. Maybe he has problems, but he does not need to make them anyone else's problems.

Fortunately, he remained quiet all the way to school, and when we got there, he calmly went on his way without any more scenes. Still, I radioed dispatch, and reported the situation. I guess this wasn't the first time. I voiced my concerns, wondering if he may have violent tendencies, or the desire to jump from a moving vehicle, or what? Without knowing much about the kid, I speculate he is but one step away from being commited to a special needs or at-risk youth detention home. At the least, maybe a good kick in the pants or a good smack in the back of the head would bring him back to reality.

Sorry for venting, but that situation really torqued me.
        Never make a drummer mad; we beat things for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by DMS 525
          I've dealt with kids who thought I could never touch them, and also thought they could sue me for anything. I'd always call their bluff, and then tell them to take it further if they felt there was the need. Never, ever happened.
          I hear you. Same story here. A lot of kids that talk stuff but not one has swung at me yet..so I haven't had the chance to get physical. I guess thats a good thing though.

Comment

I guess it's better to be threatened to be sued than to have a family survivor suing the company you worked for because you were killed on duty due to not restraining a punk kid from killing you or someone else.
            Last edited by Echos13; 02-17-2006, 05:57 PM.
            My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by DMS 525
              Chokehold? Sounds like that little creep needed to be dragged out by his heels, with his head bouncing a couple of times off a wall, a trash can, and a pillar!

I am really confused at times. In my Freshman year, I nearly destroyed the face of a teacher who physically and verbally abused me, thinking I was an easy target for him, and in more recent years, told a couple different teachers my daughter had that if they didn't back up and change their ways, they'd have me to deal with!

But at the same time, I've seen more than one student who didn't learn from anything else than a smack in the head, or a good swift kick in the butt! But only when they brought it on themselves, and nothing else tried worked.

Just yesterday, in my cab: we take these kids to school, who go to alternative school in the city, on contract with the school district. Most of the time, I have no trouble with these kids, and a few have even said they'd rather talk to me than those counselors they have at the school they attend.

But I had this one; never saw him before. He gets in the cab, and I said good morning to him. He mutered something; I said, "Excuse me?" He then looked right at me, and arrogantly snarled, "I said don't talk to me!!" I slammed on the brakes, and jammed the car into Park. I turned around to look at him, and gave him my deadliest glare withoutsaying a word. Just what I thought; little puke wouldn't even look me in the eye. Part of me told me to tell him to get the hell out of my cab, part told me to tell him to shut the hell up and not tell me what to do in my cab, and another part told me to backhand the little jerk! I'm 45 years old, and have dealt with quite a bit in my life. No 14 year old punk is telling me anything regardless of what he thinks he's been through, etc. Maybe he has problems, but he does not need to make them anyone else's problems.

Fortunately, he remained quiet all the way to school, and when we got there, he calmly went on his way without any more scenes. Still, I radioed dispatch, and reported the situation. I guess this wasn't the first time. I voiced my concerns, wondering if he may have violent tendencies, or the desire to jump from a moving vehicle, or what? Without knowing much about the kid, I speculate he is but one step away from being commited to a special needs or at-risk youth detention home. At the least, maybe a good kick in the pants or a good smack in the back of the head would bring him back to reality.

Sorry for venting, but that situation really torqued me.
              That is what is so neat about this site, we all learn from one another.
              The thing that really had some of the young folks angry at me was writing on the back of the citation copy to be turned into my supervisor. I remember asking one young man to slow down so I could keep up with his rant. I explained that his copy was to accompany him to court along with his parents, the second copy I was writing on would be turned over to the clerk of court and then to the judge. The third copy would be initialed by supervisor to insure none of the tickets in the book were torn out. From then on that young man was the model of decorum. What I didn't tell he was it was a scrap of paper. I saw he was only trying to prove himself to his associates.
              He was terrified. Later after court his father called me aside and asked why the judge had not read from the court's ticket. I told him. The grin on his face was priceless. We became fast friends and 40 odd years later we still exchange Christmas cards. After college he became a federal law enforcement agent, a fine young man.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                Pittsburgh, PA:
                A 16 year old high school student and his father are suing the school district...
                Now, there's a new one. Another father coming to the aid of his "innocent, precious little angel." Wait a couple of years and the police will probably be responding to save dad from the little monster that he created.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                  Now, there's a new one. Another father coming to the aid of his "innocent, precious little angel." Wait a couple of years and the police will probably be responding to save dad from the little monster that he created.
                  I see that quite a bit. Parents involve themselves in their children's wrongdoing. In some cases, they taught their kids the wrongdoing.
                  There are also a lot of people out there who believe, for some reason, we are a walking talking civil rights violation. The enmity is ferocious. This kind of people will be the type to make false reports on you to try to get you fired or locked up. They are the reason I became more interested in voice recorders and things of that nature.

Comment

When our kids get into trouble

It is a parents natural instinct to protect their kids and usually you go into the situation with just their side of the story. I learned long ago tho to try to find out as Paul Harvey would say, "The rest of the story".

My youngest son came home from school one day crying about getting kicked off the school bus. He was in tears because this was the day we were leaving on a weekend Cub Scout camping trip.

Instead of just flat out grounding him I made some calls and found out that he had been doing what I had taught him. You see I taught my boys to fight but not to start a fight. It turns out an older BIGGER kid had been picking on him and finally Brian had enough and beat the h3ll out of the other kid. Brian was 7 and the other kid was 9 or 10. Anyway we recieved a call from the bus driver that the other kid who was constantly in trouble, was banned from riding the bus too and that the only reason Brian was banned was because he said something to her he shouldn't have.

I took him to camp and to and from school for the next week but I did ground him for backtalking the busdriver.

In this case Brian was a victim and stood upfor himself.

As I said before I taught my boys not to start a fight but I also taught them not to run either. Brian is now 23 standing 6ft 1in at 250lbs and his older brother Mike is 6ft 3 in at 270 so not to many people want to pick on them.

Too many people want to blindly believe their kids and that is the problem we have today in society.....It is THEIR fault not mine.
                    Last edited by ACP01; 02-18-2006, 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X