whats your preference ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats your preference ?

as to the type of sites ? that you like to work ?

Damns i fugded the poll lol any one know how to correct it ? Commerial is supposed to be commerical
    Medical/Hospital
    17.50%
    Manufacturing/Industrial
    22.50%
    Banks
    0.00%
    Construction Sites
    2.50%
    Commercial
    15.00%
    Residental
    30.00%
    Retail/Loss Prevention
    10.00%
    Educational facilities
    2.50%
    Last edited by UtahProtectionForce; 03-07-2008, 08:22 AM.
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Give me that good old manufacturing/Industrial plant. The best people
    you will ever meet are the men and women on the assembly line.
    You know these people. They punch a clock in and out of the plant
    They drive banged up old Nissans with 100,000 miles on the odometer
    Their kids play hockey for the local schools. At break time they ask if you want a coffee from the canteen truck, and when they bring a nice cup of
    java, and reach into your wallet, they say are glad to buy you a coffee
    Got a flat tire on your car? They are the first ones helping you jack up
    your car, and help you change your tire. If you are on your rounds or out
    on a patrol, they always say hello. And they don't act like they are better than
    you
    My 2nd choice would be a construction site. Gotta love those truck drivers.
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Guess ...
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Factories for me. Prison second choice... such fine people, lol.
        "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

I would have to agree - as when I was working with the RM / LP / Security team of one company as an investigator they often would get me to do adhoc work which this time included preparing items for auction (capital assets) as per the auctioneers and my risk assessments. I spent a full week driving a forklift moving items around and supervising the demonstrations of high reach platforms (I had permits for all of them) as well as checking on the items on the days of viewing the items.

However at lunch time, the storemen and office crews would ask me to sit and have lunch with them as whilst I was always in a suit with the other team, they were shocked to find I was just another human being and yes I would often be brought coffee's during breaks by these other storemen who would ask about auction items and how to bid on somethings. Before I was just another mystery suit who was walking around speaking with the management officers and now I was in my blue dungarees, old tshirt, hard hat and laughing with the others.
          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

I prefer the quiet sites. Nothing like a huge construction site all quiet and dark at night. The kind of thing that others would consider spooky. But medical, manufacturing/industrial are nice too.

What I don't like are the sites where you go "what the heck am I doing here unarmed".

Comment

Originally posted by craig333 View Post
              What I don't like are the sites where you go "what the heck am I doing here unarmed".
              agree 100%

Comment

Since college campus was not listed, I will post to say that is my favorite.
                Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff194307 View Post
                  Since college campus was not listed, I will post to say that is my favorite.
                  Why?? Is it because of those young ladies ?

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
                    Give me that good old manufacturing/Industrial plant. The best people
                    you will ever meet are the men and women on the assembly line.
                    You know these people. They punch a clock in and out of the plant
                    They drive banged up old Nissans with 100,000 miles on the odometer
                    Their kids play hockey for the local schools. At break time they ask if you want a coffee from the canteen truck, and when they bring a nice cup of
                    java, and reach into your wallet, they say are glad to buy you a coffee
                    Got a flat tire on your car? They are the first ones helping you jack up
                    your car, and help you change your tire. If you are on your rounds or out
                    on a patrol, they always say hello. And they don't act like they are better than
                    you
                    My 2nd choice would be a construction site. Gotta love those truck drivers.
                    I know what you mean.

For me, I like to work in high risk places. Downtown patrol, protection work, etc - thats what I like in my job. I like action.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a meathead or anything. But I feel that, if action is going to happen, I would rather be the one dealing with it, instead of somebody who isn't prepared for experienced dealing with it.

Comment

Saturday night at 2,100 hours. Boston being pounded by wind swept rains,
                      Winds to 5o knots. Lightning too boot. Bang, lights go out.

Copeland telephones on call maintenace man Carlos. The Industrial plant
                      is a food processing plant. Lot of freezers. 2,330 Calros thanks Officer
                      Copeland for being on his toes. That is why I love working at Industrial plants.
                      http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

The girls? I don't think so, more the aspect of providing safety and security for young people who are away from home and sometimes do not make good life decisions. That is where the security officer can either make them feel that they made a mistake or depending upon how that officer handles the incident cause the student to defy authority because he/she feels singled out. The nice thing about working campus security is knowing that you are helping these students with the transition from teen to adult.
                        Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff194307 View Post
                          The girls? I don't think so
                          What, so it's the boys?

(Sorry, man... but when you waltz arcoss the cross-hairs like that, I have to take the shot! )

I'm fond of pretty much any security environment, tho I'd have to say my favorites are retail and bar/club, with the least favorite being prisons & construction sites.
                          "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

Comment

The only site I have ever worked is the check cashing store where I work in house. Therefore, I would have to say that my preferred site would be financial institutions.

Comment

I would put you under commerical, as its a business... but its all good,

but so far it looks like the lead is for Resident or Manufacturing/Industrial settings..

and i left schools off for a reason as in some states your LEO as campus safety and in others your just a guard
                              Its not how we die that counts.....
                              Its not how we lived that counts....
                              all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X