Wisconsin Neenah areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Neenah areas

I'm moving to these areas within a fews and would like to know what do you need to apply for a security license these areas or does the one cover the both.

Also with my training here would that have any help at all. I have also been informed that some security companies require you have a diploma . is this true or not.

If there is anyone who could be of help it would be very much appreciated thank you Steve.
    ]

Originally posted by Steve354 View Post
    I'm moving to these areas within a fews and would like to know what do you need to apply for a security license these areas or does the one cover the both.

Also with my training here would that have any help at all. I have also been informed that some security companies require you have a diploma . is this true or not.

If there is anyone who could be of help it would be very much appreciated thank you Steve.
    You require a state license to work as a security guard, watchman, or private policeman in Wisconsin. (They're all the same thing, just ancient titles.)

There is no training component, and most companies don't care if you're trained or not, they will have "some" form of OJT for you.

Some companies require a high school diploma, yes. Wisconsin issues both a GED and a High School Diploma for Adults through their Technical College System.

Some companies will require you to have the license beforehand, some will "sponsor" you for it, i.e. tell you where to go.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I thank you for the informantion that you gave me. Would my training here and holding licence here be of any help there or not.?
      ]

Comment

Originally posted by Steve354 View Post
        I thank you for the informantion that you gave me. Would my training here and holding licence here be of any help there or not.?
        The state of Wisconsin does not care about any training or licenses you hold. Some companies may care. Some may hold prior licensing against you. Most simply won't care.

If I remember correctly, you are licensed in a foreign country, are you not? That means that you will need to be retrained in Wisconsin Law, and company policy, which will be vastly different than your own.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Thank you for that you have been of great help thanks .Steve
          ]

Comment

Security Licence

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
            You require a state license to work as a security guard, watchman, or private policeman in Wisconsin. (They're all the same thing, just ancient titles.)

There is no training component, and most companies don't care if you're trained or not, they will have "some" form of OJT for you.

Some companies require a high school diploma, yes. Wisconsin issues both a GED and a High School Diploma for Adults through their Technical College System.

Some companies will require you to have the license beforehand, some will "sponsor" you for it, i.e. tell you where to go.
            N. A. is right on with this. Most companies will pay for the things that u need like fingerprints, licence which if i am not mistaken is like about $110 dollars for a temp and then the real licence. The licence is good for 2 years and then u have to renew again. Once this is done they take it out of ur paycheck in installments. Experence can help, it shows the company u know what ur doing. If u go with a well know name like Allied Barton or Securitas they have there own 20 hour couse they will put u through, but if u go with an unamed company then most likley they will not put u through any training except OJT. Good luck in finding a job and Welcome to Wisconsin

-Privatecop625-

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X