Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security Pay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Security Pay

    I just wanted some input from other peolpe on what they make for security,
    (If u don't mind). Here is my deal.

    I live in Kenosha WI, and I work in a hospital in IL. I travel about 30 to 45 min a day to get to work. The thing is that I only make $10.00 an hour, and we put in our 40 hours +. The hard thing is that I pay $500 ($250 bi weekly) a month for health insurance (PPO) after that is taken out i only live on about $900 a month with a reg 40 hours. Then i have my rent and cell phone. I am trying to find something in kenosha but there is not much open and if there is its only like $8 - 9 hour and i really can't stoop that low for work. Tell me if u think that is low for security. I am trying to go armed that pays a little bit more but i can find a firm that is hiring right now. Anybody have any ideas.

    -Privatecop625-

  • #2
    Welcome to security - you need to find a specialist role to make decent income from this industry. Most importantly is finding a site that is closer to home as those miles can soon add up in fuel and I whilst I live in Australia, we are fortunate that we don't pay medical insurance as our costs are about 10% of the USA, have penalties for night, weekends and public holidays and most S/O's work 12 hour shifts x 2 days then do 2 x nights with 4 days off.

    As for going armed it may only be $1.00 more an hour and I know that might add up to covering travel costs a week but you need to think of the tasks and WHAT you are guarding with people you work with. Someone will be able to shed some light on the matter for you and we have had some other forums on rates of pay (just glad I don't work in the USA) as my lunch costs more than what you blokes earn / hr with no penalties.

    Training is another option to look at advancing yourself up the ladder too.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

    Comment


    • #3
      Welcome

      Ahh the fun mashing your head into wall to make rent. Lucky I make same as you but my befits are paid by the company.
      CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594


      oh ya

      Comment


      • #4
        Common Pay Range in Texas(DFW) is:

        7.00-10.00 unarmed

        10.00-15.00 armed

        Comment


        • #5
          Pay Rate

          Pay Rates here in WI are kinda low, Most places start off at like $8-10 an hour and armed is like $11-15 an hour. If u go with a no name company they start off on the low end with no training, but if u go with a big name company they usally start off about $10 an hour and make u do some short of course / training, but it also depends on the site and if u go contracted or in house.

          Comment


          • #6
            You're not going to find armed work in Kenosha. The two outfits do not possess the proper check box on their apps to do armed work.

            You could look towards Racine or Milwaukee, but yeah. Unarmed is going to be 7-8, 8-9, etc.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

            "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

            Comment


            • #7
              Armed

              The only 2 firms in the area that do armed are Metro and Securtias. I haved applied to Metro. I plan to put an application in at Securtias in the next few days. I want to try to stay away from the smaller firms because they pay s**t. I want to try to find something in Kenosha or Racine. I would love to go armed if i have the chance. Doing security is a temp thing for me right now till i can get in to a police dept or a jail.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by privatecop625 View Post
                The only 2 firms in the area that do armed are Metro and Securtias. I haved applied to Metro. I plan to put an application in at Securtias in the next few days. I want to try to stay away from the smaller firms because they pay s**t. I want to try to find something in Kenosha or Racine. I would love to go armed if i have the chance. Doing security is a temp thing for me right now till i can get in to a police dept or a jail.
                You want to get into a jail? All of us on this forum can tell you how
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Consider the extra costs too if you go armed. The annual recerts, the trips to the range on your own. It may or may not make up for the extra pay.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Uhm to me the answer seems very simple. Find somewhere that pays all or a larger portion of your health insurance. Good benefits are worth way more than $1 or $2 more an hour.
                    Washington DC

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      security pay

                      Just a little info, the company I work for is currently looking for Armed Officers in Georgia, South Carolina, Baltimore, and Seattle. Our current pay here is way above industry standards.

                      The website is PARASYS.com

                      Check it out

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Gotta' Love the Oil Industry. - I'm part of the In-House Security as well as the Emergency Response Group {Firefighters, EMS, Rescue, Haz-Mat Tech} -So obviously we'll be paid more than an average Security Officer

                        We still make patrols, rounds, do all the security related paperwork, inspect oil, gas, and benzene ships and do all the Coast Guard related Paperwork associated with em' - We escort visitors, sign people in and out, monitor our employees, and issue traffic citations - Not a bad job, not a hard job, and an easy retirement plan.........25 and out with a pension, yearly corporate profit sharing, and 401K matched $ for $

                        Gotta' love OIL

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sounds like you have it better than I do, and I work security for the Federal Government. The money is good, nearly $20 an hour, but no benefits, no retirement.

                          Like most security jobs, the work is easy and boring, but it only requires those 30 minutes of sheer Terror once every
                          few years to put a crimp in your job.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kingsman View Post
                            Sounds like you have it better than I do, and I work security for the Federal Government. The money is good, nearly $20 an hour, but no benefits, no retirement.

                            Like most security jobs, the work is easy and boring, but it only requires those 30 minutes of sheer Terror once every
                            few years to put a crimp in your job.

                            sounds like you work as a security contractor for the federal government if you dont have benefits or a retirement.
                            Washington DC

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Longbow11 View Post
                              Just a little info, the company I work for is currently looking for Armed Officers in Georgia, South Carolina, Baltimore, and Seattle. Our current pay here is way above industry standards.

                              The website is PARASYS.com

                              Check it out
                              Nate, at what point would a response to this become a ban-worthy attack?

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X