How tidy is your desk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FI-SG
    Whoa, that hospital dispatch office sure is nice.

This is where I spend most of my time at work:

Usually not too tidy. Sometimes I at least try to vacuum out the shovelful of gravel from the floor...

Another one:

Thank God, only did a couple days here. It's the gatehouse of a local coal power plant, it was only manned for the duration of their summer overhaul project. Before that, it was last manned in the mid-'90s. It was like a trip to the past, I could find shift lists from the early 90's in the drawers... along with a pretty large collection of western comic books from the '80s, even some of erotic variety.

The laptop is mine, I spent most of the 11-hour shifts watching DVDs (in this photo, the British series "Green Wing"). There's only so much actual "guarding" you can do in a small gatehouse with no monitors for the cameras. There was actual traffic only early in the morning, after that it pretty much died... in the afternoon, two hours could pass without anyone going through the gate.
    That's some nice photography, in the first one. Did you use a slow shutter? What camera are you using?
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Sweet. Sounds like you have time to have fun at work.
      The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Originally posted by souperdave View Post
        I can relate! I last saw my desk in 2006!

But I do know where each and every little thing is at......just too darn busy too straighten it up.
        Trouble is as I get older, I'm not always remembering where that stuff is anymore. I've got a great memory, it's the recall system that sucks.
        sigpic
        Rocket Science
        Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
        One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by FI-SG
          This is where I spend most of my time at work:

Don't those funky streaks of light start to bother you after a while?
          sigpic
          Rocket Science
          Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
          One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

at one time, this was a desk where I spent some time.

Washington DC

Comment

Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
              at one time, this was a desk where I spent some time.

you like to peruse infowatch at work huh? Watch out.....you never know what will happen....

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
                I chose to edit my last 2 posts since the photos were of such a horrible, wreck of a security office/guard shack that it would probably cause problems for the account.
                Many months have gone by and I no longer work there regularly.
                I have a nice, well paying hospital job. I made Night Shift Officer of the Quarter for the period of June-August. I have been trained in all secuirty positions in the hospital and even as Dispatcher.
                While on shift last week in dispatch I decided that it was time to show off a nice, clean and proffessional looking dispatch security office. Not the pigpen which I used to be in.
                Standing in the door and facing to the left you see this...

Looking around the room to the right you see......

A bit further around you will see....

And almost all the way around almost to the door you see this....

Clean, noncluttered desk. No wires or cables hanging all over. DVRs instead of ancient, nonfunctioning VHS recorders. Cameras which WORK.
                I swear, it's a whole new world. I'm not embarrassed to go to work at this job. I'm certianly not embarassed to post photos of it either.
                Great setup, wish we had a nice CCTV system like that as well as a nice clean work environment. Kidna hard to keep organized in a closet lol.

They just decided to finally build us a decent security office since we were moved out into the housekeeping building early this year. They centralized all the housekeeping staff and washers/dryers at the main convention hotel to reduce costs last month, so now the washroom is just a big empty room with some exhaust fans. So hopefully over the next 3-6 months, they have decided to let us take the old Break Room and 1/3 of it will become a Security Manager office (for MODs and Supervisors I believe) and the other 2/3 will be for standard officers and all of our equipment. So when they finally decide to start on that and when it's done, I'll be sure to post some pictures.
                "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X