Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elderly Security Guard Kidnapped in Vehicle

Palm Beach, FL:
    Wesley Hadley, 75, who was working as a security guard at the Residence Inn in West Palm Beach was held in his own vehicle at gunpoint and was driven down the street by armed robbers while they robbed the clerk and tied him up as well. Neither person was hurt in the robbery. The guard had several weeks of experience.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...svc=7&cxcat=17
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

It this wasn't real life it would be hillarious. This needs to be a wake up call these warm body companies not to hire people like this..75 years thats too old. Poor old man could have had a heart attack, that sounded traumatic.

Comment

That was an unfortunate incident indeed. I guess this guy worked a simple job that gave him spending money and time to be away from the house. No doubt a retiree or just maybe someone trying to make ends meet. But this age group makes up a pretty good amount of the unarmed guard force in Florida. I was at Wal-Mart today and almost got run over by the parking lot guard in his highly decorated golf cart. This thing had flags, pin wheel spinners and a wind sock on it. Not that I think it can go that fast. He looked old enough to be my grandfather but that?s what they want out there is PR people. Some of the banks here have elderly guards too which most are unarmed. As for that guard at the super market in Hialeah that shot at the bad guys he was alright.
      Last edited by Echos13; 02-17-2006, 05:41 PM. Reason: spelling, shessh!
      My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
        It this wasn't real life it would be hillarious. This needs to be a wake up call these warm body companies not to hire people like this..75 years thats too old. Poor old man could have had a heart attack, that sounded traumatic.
        The_Mayor, be nice. In five years, I'll be that exact age, still with a pen and paper hopefully doing good.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
          The_Mayor, be nice. In five years, I'll be that exact age, still with a pen and paper hopefully doing good.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill
          He meant poor "mature" man.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Or "seasoned" officer.
            I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
            -Lieutenant Commander Data
            sigpic

Comment

Years ago I lost a security job because the boss for this region wanted to hire his retired friend even tho the Security Captain wanted me because of my previous experience.

This was armed security at an airport to boot and the other guy had almost or no experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ACP01
                Years ago I lost a security job because the boss for this region wanted to hire his retired friend even tho the Security Captain wanted me because of my previous experience.

This was armed security at an airport to boot and the other guy had almost or no experience.
                You will find in just about every job sector that it's not who is the most competent or experienced that's important, but rather whom you know. Employees who are not "yes" men are quickly identified, isolated, and fired for minor errors that the others make all the time. Furthermore, look at some of the appointees selected to head important departments in government. Again, the most qualified man is not necessarily the one in charge. For me, I prefer to be on the front lines working as a s/o, not as a manager at a branch somewhere. I've also learned that diplomacy and being a team player, even when it means biting your tongue, is necessary in order to keep a job these days. Otherwise, you win the battle, but lose the war.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X