X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by OccamsRazor View Post
    Internally, Officer. When dealing with the client, or anything to do with the client, Guard.
    Why is that?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Internally, Officer. When dealing with the client, or anything to do with the client, Guard.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Our "title" according to Hennepin County and state statute is "Medical Center Protection Officer."

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    We are guards, though I want to change the title to Public Safety Officer.

Leave a comment:

• OMG_Ihatethisjob
    replied
    From a guard company's perspective (in California), we're called "Security Officer" to give us a sense of pride for our job. In some states, the title "Officer" is synonymous with LEO. In those states, security companies must use the word "Guard" and not "Officer."

From the general public's perspective, most call us "Guards" if we rate positively in their mind; or "M**F** rent-a-cop, ***dumb-guard " if we rate negatively in their mind.

I've noticed in-house security for LA and Orange Counties use the term "Public Safety Officer" to distinguish themselves from "Security Officers." I've spoken to one working at the Santa Ana Court house, and he said the term "Security Officer" meant "guard company," which is why they elected to adopt "Public Safety Officer" as their title.

Leave a comment:

• BoyInBlue
    started a poll What's your job title?

What's your job title?

...Guard
    10.00%
    ...Officer
    64.00%
    Public Safety...
    6.00%
    ...Agent
    4.00%
    Protection...
    4.00%
    Other (nothing close to the above)
    12.00%
    What is the title of an entry-level uniformed position at your company?

Votes are public.
    Last edited by BoyInBlue; 02-29-2008, 04:27 PM.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X