Dumb criminals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb criminals

So I get the call from the restaurant portion of the site "someones messing with vehicles in the parking lot". So I hot foot it over just in time see one of the local police officers (he'd been having breakfast in the restaurant) run across the street and grab a guy.

Well this guy hadn't messed with just anyones car. It was the officers car, and from the restaurant he could see the whole thing. The guy bent his license plate, put big ole hand prints on the windshield, a piece of tree and a styrofoam cup on the car. Least thats all I could see when I got there.

Now its been cold, wet and nasty lately, but not today. It was a nice sunny warm day with a relatively warm night forecast, so its unlikely he just wanted a warm bed for the night.

Originally posted by craig333 View Post
    So I get the call from the restaurant portion of the site "someones messing with vehicles in the parking lot". So I hot foot it over just in time see one of the local police officers (he'd been having breakfast in the restaurant) run across the street and grab a guy.

Well this guy hadn't messed with just anyones car. It was the officers car, and from the restaurant he could see the whole thing. The guy bent his license plate, put big ole hand prints on the windshield, a piece of tree and a styrofoam cup on the car. Least thats all I could see when I got there.

Now its been cold, wet and nasty lately, but not today. It was a nice sunny warm day with a relatively warm night forecast, so its unlikely he just wanted a warm bed for the night.
    This sounds familiar... Maybe this guy had it out against this cop. I know of one criminal out for revenge who deficated serveral times on the porch of a City PD detective's home. Unfortunately for all involved, this man was caught in the act. WHY??????
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    -George Orwell

Comment

Years ago, I was covering an overnight shift when CCTV showed a graffiti attack (we had a multiplexer of 64 cameras and this was only flex). I swear and head out to see someone still there with spray can in hand, green hands and painting an exclaimation mark next to the slogan. I arrested him and we called the police only to find he had been bailed for something similar the week before. He alleged he only did the exclaimation mark to emphasise the slogan but did not realise he had also admitted guilt by saying so.
      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Sounds like he had ulterior motives

In the Los Angeles area, after an inmate is released from jail, some will purposely commit a crime to get back inside the county jail facility. Without a home and job prospects, getting locked up inside the county jail is better than being homeless.

It sounds like the suspect had seen and recognized the off-duty LEO, and purposely vandalized his POV to get back into the jail system. If this was his intention, then the criminal wasn't so dumb after all. If I were homeless and hungry, I'd do the same thing to get something to eat, and shelter from the cold season.

Comment

graffiti vandalism is a felony in California

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
          ... spray can in hand, green hands and painting an exclaimation mark ....
          Spraying graffiti is a felony in California. The fresh paint on the wall, paint on his hands, and having the spray paint in his possession was enough to convict him. We wouldn't need a confession, or witness.

Comment

Originally posted by OMG_Ihatethisjob View Post
            Spraying graffiti is a felony in California.
            There's not much that isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by OMG_Ihatethisjob View Post
              In the Los Angeles area, after an inmate is released from jail, some will purposely commit a crime to get back inside the county jail facility. Without a home and job prospects, getting locked up inside the county jail is better than being homeless.

It sounds like the suspect had seen and recognized the off-duty LEO, and purposely vandalized his POV to get back into the jail system. If this was his intention, then the criminal wasn't so dumb after all. If I were homeless and hungry, I'd do the same thing to get something to eat, and shelter from the cold season.
              I worked at the local mental health hospital 1 summer before starting in hotels. At that time they were begining to change their treatment of the mentally ill, releasing them from the hospital & treating them as out patients. Our biggest problem was not with the patients inside the hospital but the ones that had been released that tried to sneak back in for the free food & a place to sleep.
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I'm sure thats quite the dilemma for the police. You want to save room for the real criminals, not the homeless, but you can't just ignore them.

In this case I'm guessing mentally ill. Sacramento has a lot of facilities for the homeless, in fact loaves and fishes (private organization that helps the homeless) is right around the corner. Food and shelter ( for the well behaved dogless person) is very accessible here, so much we attract homeless from other communities.

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm kinda rather cold and ruthless when it come to subjects like that, to a point. They should either get a job or starve. But they have no home, you might say. There are shelters that will let you stay, as long as you're out by 0600 looking for work, or working. They even have employment counselers who will assist said individuals find work. If they are doing construction, sweeping a parking lot, mowing lawns, etc., I don't care. If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he can feed his family for life. On the flip side, the only one I have ever given money to was a legless guy on a skateboard.
                  I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

DES MOINES, Iowa - The robber of a convenience store left behind an unusual clue — a W-2 form. The man robbed a Git-N-Go store in Des Moines early Friday after telling a clerk he had a gun. He left the store with about $115 but at some point took off his hat and jacket.

When police responded, they found the tax form in the coat pocket.
                    Officers checked the name on the form and found a listing for a 25-year-old with a suspended driver's license who is on probation for theft. The man's description matched information provided by the clerk.
                    Police are still looking for the robber.

Comment

Don't rob a club when 60 bikers are inside drinking

http://www.scoop.co.nz/multimedia/tv...onal/5465.html

Here is a video shot of some dumb criminals. As I posted before we have community, sporting team, services, unions and workers clubs where people come for a cheap beer and feed and are often the focus of meetings for people as these are designed as non-profit giving people some outlets for entertained and for old soldiers to meet up. Yes they are subsidised by gambling on slot machines (poker machines) but they do alot for the community through sponsorship and employment.

So we have 2 idiots who come racing in just before 2100 armed with machetes and suddenly stumble across a motor bike club having a meeting with 60 members inside. They gave chased and caught the underwearing changing pair (don't mess with bikers at their water hole) who were caught and arrested. The club is a tiny venue mainly catering to lawn bowls (yes they have clubs too) but had been robbed 10 times in 18 months not #11 time when the boys from the club helped out. Good for community spirit !!

Comment

I'd say they got off light. Try that with some of the more notorious biker gangs here and you'd probably just end up on the missing list.

Comment

I was at court today for a larceny matter (internal) when a few cases before me, they had a shoplifting case of a man who had stolen some items from a local hardware business including 2 bags of cement when he must have split one and left a trail of powder from the busted in storeroom to his car. It was a mum and dad store with the old bloke upset about the stolen items and the mess the cement left. My LPI smiled later when he recounted war stories of a woman who's son stole a 44lb bag of rice and was found by the trail left by his bike ride home.

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
                            I was at court today for a larceny matter (internal) when a few cases before me, they had a shoplifting case of a man who had stolen some items from a local hardware business including 2 bags of cement when he must have split one and left a trail of powder from the busted in storeroom to his car. It was a mum and dad store with the old bloke upset about the stolen items and the mess the cement left. My LPI smiled later when he recounted war stories of a woman who's son stole a 44lb bag of rice and was found by the trail left by his bike ride home.
                            Reminds me of the idiot who justed into the fountain in the lobby of the hotel. We followed the trial of water to his room & threw him out!
                            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                              Reminds me of the idiot who justed into the fountain in the lobby of the hotel. We followed the trial of water to his room & threw him out!
                              Qu'est-ce que c'est, "le justed" ? C'est "La Honk ? La Technicolour Yawn ? La Pavement Pizza ? La Shout pour RALPH ?

My french is bloody rusty but is "justing" a call for Huey or Ruth on the big white phone ? Perhaps even driving the bus - think of the size of a bus driver's steering wheel ?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X