Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSIS armed without hard-copy of Guard Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSIS armed without hard-copy of Guard Card?

My BSIS firearms permit just came in the mail. But the hard-copy of my Guard Card is expired. My company already sent in the renewal fee, and the online database shows I'm vaild though 2010.

Can I work armed with:

1.) Valid Firearms permit
    2.) Expired Guard Card
    3.) BSIS website printout showing im valid though 2010.
    Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

The best resource to answer your question is BSIS. I highly recommend calling them at (916) 322-4000.

I believe that the printout from the BSIS www site is equivalent to having the physical card. If that is the case, then you should be fine. But I would check it out anyway... better safe than sorry.
    -Jedi-
    Semper Paratus

Comment

The printout from the website showing your name, number, and expiration date is good enough.

Comment

As our permits are the size of your US size Citations, I copied mine to about a 2' x 3" size card to fit into my licence holder and thankfully you can still read the information and can be checked by the police if required. I would see if a copy like this would be permitted and perhaps even getting it verified may help as well.
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
          As our permits are the size of your US size Citations, I copied mine to about a 2' x 3" size card to fit into my licence holder and thankfully you can still read the information and can be checked by the police if required. I would see if a copy like this would be permitted and perhaps even getting it verified may help as well.
          Thanks for the responce NRZ_Oz. As always; helpful and relevent.
          Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr619 View Post
            My BSIS firearms permit just came in the mail. But the hard-copy of my Guard Card is expired. My company already sent in the renewal fee, and the online database shows I'm vaild though 2010.

Can I work armed with:

1.) Valid Firearms permit
            2.) Expired Guard Card
            3.) BSIS website printout showing im valid though 2010.
            Here in Ohio, you can't work armed until you have your signed card in your possession from the company.

THe State Director of Homeland Security signs the front (stamp) then the qualifying agent of the company signs, then the employee signs, has to put his right thumb print on the card, glues a passport photo to the back, print in vital info (HT, WT, HAIR, EYE COLOR), and then the owner of the company laminates the card after verifying that all information is entered on the card.
            Michael P Rolfes, CEO & Chief Investigator
            Official Investigations & Security Services, Inc.

MAILING ADDRESS:
            PO Box 317725
            Cincinnati, OH 45231-7725

Local: 513-931-7448
            Toll-free: 800-477-8419
            Fax: 513-931-7448

STATE LICENSES
            Ohio # 200621001041
            Indiana # PI20700010 / SG20700048
            Kentucky #0279

Comment

Security Leader and Jedi are both correct; you can work with just a BSIS website printout showing your guard license is valid. I remember reading somewhere in BSIS regulations that website printout in lieu of original guard license is acceptable, while you're waiting for the original license to arrive in the mail. I recall it didn't specify to what time frame you can practice this, so technically, you can work with just the website printout in your pocket, and keep the original in a safe place at home. Myself, I make a xerox copy of the original guard license to carry in my wallet, and I keep the original at home.

Comment

From BSIS web

Security guards placed on assignment must keep the following documents with them:

A valid security guard registration or a screen print of the Bureau's approval obtained from the Bureau's Web site.
                A valid photo identification
                Also

Application and renewal fees should be submitted to the Bureau at least 60-90 days prior to the expiration date. You need to submit your request for renewal as soon as possible to allow the Bureau time to process your renewal and get your renewed registration returned to you. You may continue to work for a period of 90 days.
                one more thing

A security guard registration expires the day after the expiration date on the card. You have 60 days grace period in which you can pay a delinquent fee (see fee schedule). After 60 days if you have not renewed, you must reapply as a new applicant.
                Not many but few chauffeurs are armed to protect clients.

Comment

You may work unarmed with the Bureau print out. You need to have the actual cards in your possession to work armed.

Comment

Originally posted by halatorre View Post
                    You need to have the actual cards in your possession to work armed.
                    I think it's partially yes and no.

BSIS screen print-out can be substitute for Guard Card (but not firearm permit, Doesn't say anything about Baton permit nor PPO license)

so,
                    can be armed with those three items
                    * Actual firearm card (have to be actual card)
                    * Guard Card or BSIS screen print-out of Guard Registration (doesn't have to be actual Guard Card)
                    * Photo ID (DL)
                    Last edited by Limo LA; 09-11-2008, 06:50 PM.
                    Not many but few chauffeurs are armed to protect clients.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X