VALOR Oak View Mall Omaha Security Chief Fired For Disarming Gunman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VALOR Oak View Mall Omaha Security Chief Fired For Disarming Gunman

I think this says it all about Valor policy and mall security in general. This man put his life on the line to protect the shoppers of this mall and was terminated because his companies policy is to stand by and wait for police while a gunman opens fire. If Vince wouldn't have stepped in on this matter it may have ended up turning into another Van Maur shooting spree. Read this article and watch the video ... really food for thought. Make sure to leave a comment on the webpage and voice your opinion on this incident.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/15859947.html#

Sometimes you get fired for doing the right thing.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

well...

"Sometimes doing the right thing isn't doing the right thing."
      --Cpt. Fuller S.W.AT.

Comment

sometimes doing right means doing wrong

I have been in that situation already. Luckily none of them involved armed people. Thats what CYA post orders doing. Put good people in tough spots. I hope he does not have to search long for a job.

PAofficer

Comment

He should have sued. I dont think you would find a jury who would side with Valor (or should be called "Coward") security on this. I think if I disarmed someone, my company would do the same thing unfortunately. Lord knows that Security is not a concern of theirs otherwise they would add to us instead of constantly taking away.

Maybe they should start training and arming mall security in this day and age.
          "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Rules are rules. Officer safety needs to be a priority. Don't bring a can of OC to a gun fight.

Comment

I'm surprised!! Usually an O & R security company is pleased to take credit when things work out OK. It's when things go south that they say: "We didn't tell him to do that!"
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X