Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

idiot

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • idiot

    What an idiot....was browsing youtube when I came across this....

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2VLmqCXL0


    Keep your finger straight and off the trigger untill you intend to fire.....
    Last edited by shawn0331; 02-20-2008, 02:09 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by shawn0331 View Post
    What an idiot....was browsing youtube when I came across this....

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2VLmqCXL0


    Keep your finger straight and off the trigger untill you intend to fire.....
    That happened about 10 years ago. It still serves to remind us of the of contact/cover and general firearms principles.

    I wouldn't call her an idiot as it is very easy to get caught up in all the action. I seem to recall they were preparing to shoot him just before he surrendered. It was definitely an error of judgment and probably a result of inadequate training (on her part not necessary the PD).

    The video is an invaluable training tool. I like the expression on the contact officer's face.
    Last edited by Tennsix; 02-20-2008, 07:00 AM.
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tennsix View Post
      That happened about 10 years ago. It still serves to remind us of the of contact/cover and general firearms principles.

      I wouldn't call her an idiot as it is very easy to get caught up in all the action. I seem to recall they were preparing to shoot him just before he surrendered. It was definitely an error of judgment and probably a result of inadequate training (on her part not necessary the PD).

      The video is an invaluable training tool. I like the expression on the contact officer's face.
      Am I shot? Is the suspect shot? Ow.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

      Comment


      • #4
        Nate - This was my first reaction when then 71 year old James Earl Ribblet shot me in the leg (1976). That son-of-a-bitch just shot me! My second reaction was - This is a new suit.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

        Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
          Nate - This was my first reaction when then 71 year old James Earl Ribblet shot me in the leg (1976). That son-of-a-bitch just shot me! My second reaction was - This is a new suit.
          Didn't most leisure suits come with a spare set trousers?
          I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
          -Lieutenant Commander Data
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tennsix View Post
            Didn't most leisure suits come with a spare set trousers?
            Funny! You right - it was a leisure suit. My wife had just made it for me. Times were simpler then, I think.
            Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
            Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

            Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tennsix View Post
              I wouldn't call her an idiot as it is very easy to get caught up in all the action. I seem to recall they were preparing to shoot him just before he surrendered. It was definitely an error of judgment and probably a result of inadequate training (on her part not necessary the PD).
              I stick by my decision to call her an idiot. There is no excuse for a negligent discharge to SOMEONES HEAD. Ive been in similar situations and still had the sense to not shoot someone who is restrained. Any who, hope everyone has a safe day

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by shawn0331 View Post
                I stick by my decision to call her an idiot. There is no excuse for a negligent discharge to SOMEONES HEAD. Ive been in similar situations and still had the sense to not shoot someone who is restrained. Any who, hope everyone has a safe day
                I understand your sentiment. Over the years, I have made plenty of mistakes and I am sure to make a few more before I go to my reward. I just care to label people in that way.
                I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                -Lieutenant Commander Data
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  They have had several incidents where police city, state and federal have been killed or seriously injured by friendly fire such as running up a flight of stairs during a dangerous drug raid and a city police officer had his finger on the trigger of a cocked .357 and killed the DEA agent ahead of him. In a moment we can easily forget our training. In Air Force and a Constable, the supervisor would order: "depressed pistol or raised pistol - finger on frame, I say again, finger on frame."
                  Were I her supervisor, she'd be back in firearms training in a heartbeat. Everytime she violated an instruction (order), down and give me 20. Were she a slow learner, she would indeed be flat chested when she returned to active service.
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill

                  Comment

                  Leaderboard

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X