idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idiot

What an idiot....was browsing youtube when I came across this....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Keep your finger straight and off the trigger untill you intend to fire.....
    Last edited by shawn0331; 02-20-2008, 03:09 AM.

Originally posted by shawn0331 View Post
    What an idiot....was browsing youtube when I came across this....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Keep your finger straight and off the trigger untill you intend to fire.....
    That happened about 10 years ago. It still serves to remind us of the of contact/cover and general firearms principles.

I wouldn't call her an idiot as it is very easy to get caught up in all the action. I seem to recall they were preparing to shoot him just before he surrendered. It was definitely an error of judgment and probably a result of inadequate training (on her part not necessary the PD).

The video is an invaluable training tool. I like the expression on the contact officer's face.
    Last edited by Tennsix; 02-20-2008, 08:00 AM.
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix View Post
      That happened about 10 years ago. It still serves to remind us of the of contact/cover and general firearms principles.

I wouldn't call her an idiot as it is very easy to get caught up in all the action. I seem to recall they were preparing to shoot him just before he surrendered. It was definitely an error of judgment and probably a result of inadequate training (on her part not necessary the PD).

The video is an invaluable training tool. I like the expression on the contact officer's face.
      Am I shot? Is the suspect shot? Ow.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Nate - This was my first reaction when then 71 year old James Earl Ribblet shot me in the leg (1976). That son-of-a-bitch just shot me! My second reaction was - This is a new suit.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
          Nate - This was my first reaction when then 71 year old James Earl Ribblet shot me in the leg (1976). That son-of-a-bitch just shot me! My second reaction was - This is a new suit.
          Didn't most leisure suits come with a spare set trousers?
          sigpic

Comment

Didn't most leisure suits come with a spare set trousers?
            Funny! You right - it was a leisure suit. My wife had just made it for me. Times were simpler then, I think.
            Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
            Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I stick by my decision to call her an idiot. There is no excuse for a negligent discharge to SOMEONES HEAD. Ive been in similar situations and still had the sense to not shoot someone who is restrained. Any who, hope everyone has a safe day

Comment

Originally posted by shawn0331 View Post
                I stick by my decision to call her an idiot. There is no excuse for a negligent discharge to SOMEONES HEAD. Ive been in similar situations and still had the sense to not shoot someone who is restrained. Any who, hope everyone has a safe day
                I understand your sentiment. Over the years, I have made plenty of mistakes and I am sure to make a few more before I go to my reward. I just care to label people in that way.
                sigpic

Comment

They have had several incidents where police city, state and federal have been killed or seriously injured by friendly fire such as running up a flight of stairs during a dangerous drug raid and a city police officer had his finger on the trigger of a cocked .357 and killed the DEA agent ahead of him. In a moment we can easily forget our training. In Air Force and a Constable, the supervisor would order: "depressed pistol or raised pistol - finger on frame, I say again, finger on frame."
                  Were I her supervisor, she'd be back in firearms training in a heartbeat. Everytime she violated an instruction (order), down and give me 20. Were she a slow learner, she would indeed be flat chested when she returned to active service.
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X