Biggest mistake you made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest mistake you made?

I was working at a parking lot . I pulled a double ,24 hours i was so tired.
    The cashiers and manager where middle shift change they wouldn't let me out. So i had ford fiesta I try to slip passed the control arm got 97% passed it and the little logo caught the arm and i hear loud cracking sound. I snap the arm in two. I offer to pay for it the manager said it was OK. I guess for 2 reason one they being lazy not opening gate for me . My parking was free. 2nd I made them a lot money with booting vehicles.

P.S The next day the control arm was fixed with roll of duct tape stay that way for 2 years i work there.
    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

I made a ton of mistakes as a young contract guard. Thankfully none of them really came back to bite me too bad.

When I think of all of the shenanigans we pulled I am shocked all of us didn't lose our jobs. The thing was that management was so non existent that we got away with anything and everything.

I am glad to say that I have grown up quite a bit!

Comment

Oh this reminds me of working a solo shift in a Data Centre due to a NOC failure and the staff member not being onsite. I was on the roof and had read a report on a faulty lock on the door handle on the roof after a patrol. There was no brain for them to tape it up or repair it or just remove it so I do a walk through and come back to the door way to find the F%**%)@ handle in my hand. I thought I can ring to the site manager who will be there to open the door for me. NOPE he is not being replaced to night and NOC officer is replaced by remote operator tonight.

I thought the 10' tin sheet divider would be ok to climb and then I thought right the 25' would be easier until I got to the top and realised I was on the 4th level and some 60 feet down to road. Now this of course is on a Saturday night so I THANKFULLY had my Swiss Army knife on me and managed to edge the striker off the lock and jam my pen inside it to get the lock open. I was freed after 20 minutes and I had the site phone with me to call anyone but WHOM ? This was not a secured door since it went over to the A/C units with an amazing view of the harbour at night, so I promptly went down (abused the supervisor for not making it safe and reporting it for 3 days) and then taped the bloody lock up with 10 feet of gaffer tape.
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X