California guards !! Info on BSIS photo ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California guards !! Info on BSIS photo ID

The state's BSIS website only gives you a toll free number (877-392-6422). You get a pre-recorded message to go to their website, www.PSIexams.com

There, you have to register first. After you register, it only ask which test do you want to take (Alarm company operator, private investigator, private patrol operator, or repossessor, which I think is to repo cars). I click on "private patrol operator" (its my fantasy to start a guard company, but I'll save that for another posting), and now I see "Guard photo ID" info, which I missed the first time because I didn't scroll to the bottom of the page. I pasted the whole info on a notepad, and here's what it says.

California Bureau of Security & Investigative Services
    Photo Only Licenses Instructions
    Last Revised 09/28/2007
    PSI is offering Photo Only Licenses for the California Bureau of Security & Investigative Services. You may walk in during
    the designated times listed below. It will be on a first come, first serve basis. You cannot schedule an appointment.
    The Photo Printing Fee is $6.00 and must be paid with a VISA or MasterCard ONLY.

IT IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT (800) 733-9267 AND VERIFY THAT YOUR
    TEST CENTER OF CHOICE IS OPEN TO TAKE YOUR PHOTO.

Following are the PSI centers where you may get your photo taken:

Anaheim----2301 W. Lincoln Ave (Ste 252), Anaheim, CA 92801

Atascadero----7305 Morro Rd (Ste 201A), Atascadero, CA 93422

Bakersfield---5405 Stockdale Highway (Ste 206), Bakersfield, CA 93309

Carson----17420 S. Avalon Blvd (Ste 205), Carson, CA 90746

El Monte---9420 Telstar, Ste 138, El Monte, CA 91731

Fresno---351 E. Barstow, Ste 101; Fresno, CA 93710

Hayward---24301 Southland Dr, Ste B-1; Hayward, CA 94545

Redding---2861 Churn Creek, Unit C; Redding, CA 96002

Riverside---Riverside Technology Business Park; 1660 Chicago Ave, Suite M-15; Riverside, CA 92507

Sacramento---9719 Lincoln Village Drive; Building 100, Suite 100; CA 95827

San Diego---5440 Morehouse Drive, Suite 3300; San Diego, CA 92121

Santa Clara---2936 Scott Blvd. ; Santa Clara, CA 95054

Santa Rosa---160 Wikiup Drive, Suite 105; Santa Rosa, CA 95403

REMINDER: IT IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT (800) 733-9267 AND VERIFY THAT YOUR TEST CENTER OF CHOICE IS OPEN TO TAKE YOUR PHOTO

I intend to go to either the Anaheim, or El Monte facilities; no appt needed. Anaheim branch only does guard photo IDs on Mondays & Saturdays from 0900 to 1300 hr; and Tuesdays through Fridays from 1330 to 1730 hr.

El Monte does guard photo shoots on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1330 to 1730 Hr; and Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday from 0900 to 1300 Hr.

The operator I spoke to claims the test centers' phone numbers are classified info. I'll edit this posting if I get a phone number.

Originally posted by OMG_Ihatethisjob View Post
    REMINDER: IT IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT (800) 733-9267 AND VERIFY THAT YOUR TEST CENTER OF CHOICE IS OPEN TO TAKE YOUR PHOTO

I intend to go to either the Anaheim, or El Monte facilities; no appt needed. Anaheim branch only does guard photo IDs on Mondays & Saturdays from 0900 to 1300 hr; and Tuesdays through Fridays from 1330 to 1730 hr.
    glad it had changed.
    It use to be "Must make Appointment". Which didn't make sense because it takes only 2 minutes, unlike PPO test which take whole 1 hour.

I thought OMG works in South Bay (Torrance)
    If so, why not to go Carson. a lot of parking space, Carl's Jr. is next to office, easy access to 91Freeway, 10 or 15 min from Torrance.
    (They use to have office at Vun Nuys. I guess it's not anymore. it was just 20 minutes from my place)

Is Anaheim closer to you than Carson? Are you Orange county resident?
    Former Sheriff Mike Corona was well known Pro gun sheriff.
    He issued thousands of CCW for Orange county residents.
    compare to LA Co.Sheriff Baca issued just two digit number of CCW (I'm not sure exact number, but just couple of CCW issued to civilians)
    You "had" 100 times more chance to get CCW if you are Orange Co. resident.
    But Sheriff Corona just resigned few weeks ago because his Corruption charge.
    http://cbs2.com/local/mike.carona.re....2.629120.html
    I don't know if Asst. Sheriff Jack Anderson will continue issue large number of CCW to Orange Co residents because one of corruption was "issuing CCW and hire unqualified personal to department for his relative (or friend's son?)"

Anyway, Photo ID looks like this, and "Must" carry current Gard Card with it because Photo ID doesn't show Expiration date (what a convenience...
    but it makes you look more official when you clip it on chest. (depend on your Employer's policy)
    and it's credit card size and Plastic just like driver's license. better than Green paper Gard card which doesn't fit to any wallet or card case.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Limo LA; 02-12-2008, 08:21 PM.
    Not many but few chauffeurs are armed to protect clients.

Comment

I live in San Diego, and I actually went and took the picture and paid the 6 bucks, but the lady kept asking for my PI number. I tried to explain to her that all I wanted was the Guard ID, but I think she messed up my paperwork because I'm still waiting...
      Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Comment

I know that they always be confused with PI's Photo ID.
        Because Photo ID had been mandatory for PI licensee and it was only photo ID.
        They get use to make Photo ID for only PIs.

When I took mine, I had to make appointment with all info enterd.
        Even they have every info (Guard #, name, etc) in thier computer, Lady asked me "Did you come here for PI photo ID ?"

Also, when I took my PPO, laday told me "You have to come back for Photo after BSIS send you license"
        Then after I got my license, I asked BSIS "Should I make appointment for Photo?"
        BSIS said "We don't issue Photo ID for PPO"

I'm glad they didn't send me Barber license
        Last edited by Limo LA; 02-13-2008, 05:34 PM.
        Not many but few chauffeurs are armed to protect clients.

Comment

Anyone have a sample of the new BSIS Private Investigators card?
          Is a professional investigator really a professional if he doesn't look into the validity of his own opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by Oh it's that guy! View Post
            Anyone have a sample of the new BSIS Private Investigators card?
            Any know where I can see a sample of the BSIS Private Investigators card?
            Is a professional investigator really a professional if he doesn't look into the validity of his own opinions?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X