Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPCap
    replied
    The other pictures are from Westfield Annapolis" in Annapolis, MD and I will have to see where the other is I think it is the General Growth Property in Philadelphia, PA.

The pictures are buried on my computer hard drive and I am trying to sort them out. I will get them up very soon.

Leave a comment:

• ddog
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    The 2nd one is confusing. Are authorized personel only allowed to use the emergency exit or is it for everyone in an emergency?
    Its an insurance cost-saver. That moment of indecision is the difference between a charred piece of bacon remains and burnt bacon with id's still readable. I.E. - no identiable family to receive insurance claims. Subtle cost savers like this and trick clauses in home owners insurance for Katrina victoms is what keeps Insurance billionaires wealthy.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    The 2nd one is confusing. Are authorized personel only allowed to use the emergency exit or is it for everyone in an emergency?

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    If you find them, please post them.

What malls are those pics from?

Leave a comment:

• LPCap
    replied
    This is from a PREIT Mall in Philadelphia, PA "The Gallery".

These signs are exterior signs posted on all corridors and service hallways. The insides do not have signs.

I have others from major malls, I just have to find them and post them on photobucket. They are a little nicer than these signs, but I figure if a major mall developer is fine with these, your mall should be as well.

Leave a comment:

• LPCap
    replied
    Bear with me. I will get them up.

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    Thanks LPCap. Post any pictures you got and identify the mall. Anything is better then what we got (nothing).

Leave a comment:

• LPCap
    replied
    Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
    Thanks LPCap! I look forward to them
    A few things:

I have some pics from three different major malls in very affluent parts of the East Coast.

Most of the service corridors are not signed, but the few that are say "Authorized Personnel Only" Most of the corridors are signed on the outside vs the inside of the mall. I am not sure if that is what you are looking for. One of the malls is a General Growth Property and the other is a Westfield property. The third is a PREIT owned property.

I am assuming that you want pictures from the inside, so I will have to work on that.

The malls around here have extensive security programs with state of the art CCTV, four-five vehicle patrols, uniformed/undercover security officer patrols, bike patrols and police substations. I'll work a contact and see if he will get in touch with you in regards to corridor usage/safety.

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    Originally posted by LPCap View Post
    I have a few from some major malls in the US. I'll post them for you.
    Thanks LPCap! I look forward to them

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Actually I should thank you all for raising this point as this is something I raised with the idiot property manager in our new DC about people who will recognise a sign but not words - universally. Like here your YIELD sign is the same as our GIVE WAY signs - same shape so we know in the USA to treat them the same - just need to get the cars on the correct side.

As part of the corporate workplace safety team I will see how we go and pass on any information of interest.

Leave a comment:

• LPCap
    replied
    I have a few from some major malls in the US. I'll post them for you.

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    Any door pictures?

Leave a comment:

• OMG_Ihatethisjob
    replied
    Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
    ...what about people of non-english speaking backgrounds ?
    Here's one I found; it supposedly used all over Europe.

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Actually the cause of the accident was the fact that the locks were faulty 1 way exit points had at street level, some idiot had placed a dumpster up against the outward swinging door blocking it from being open. This was probably best described as a 3 level shopping centre (like a strip mall in the US) which was finally demolished and made room for apartments.

Signs mean you are covering your backside if someone does go wandering through an area that is restricted. Point though - what about people of non-english speaking backgrounds ?

To get past this at one of our store outlets, a STOP sign (universal) was used with the words NO ENTRY STAFF ONLY in 1 inch letters. It all depends on the powers that be but I would try and use a symbol as it is to visually remind people NO ACCESS. Do you have any building codes that give examples ?

Leave a comment:

• OMG_Ihatethisjob
    replied
    Do like Walmart

Walmart was the first one I've observed using this term, then most businesses in California jumped on the bandwagon. They had replaced the sign "Employees Only" to "Associates Only." You could propose the following, and show the list to other staff members on how they can modify and improve on it.

"Tenant Associates and Deliveries Only. No Public Access"

"Merchants, Associates, and Deliveries Only. No Public Access"

Associates and Deliveries Only. No Public Access"

"Do Not Enter. Deliveries and Merchant Associates Only"

"Do Not Enter. Mall Staff, Associates, & Deliveries Only"

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X