Tow Logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow Logs

Our company is trying to make a new tow log for cars that we tow away. What information do you guys record? Anyone have a copy they can email me?
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

We do not have specific logs for towing, so when recording a tow we usually just take down the basics: Time discovered/Reported, location, description, license, time towed, company used (we do not use a specific company), reason towed, notes (existing damage, missing/expired tags, previous towings)
    "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Make, model, body style, color, year, plate number/VIN, existing damage, location, time/date, officer, type of tow (roll back, straight, dolly, etc), reason for tow, ticket number, and how much the tow company charged for the tow and storage fees.
      I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
      -Lieutenant Commander Data
      sigpic

Comment

These all sound good. Anyone got anything they can send me if I PM my email address?

Comment

I'm going to second Tennsix's agency's tow report.

Always take the VIN and plate if you are having a vehicle removed. This way, you have the record of the plate (which may or not belong to the car) and the VIN in case you just towed a stolen vehicle which was involved in the brutal killing of a bus full of nuns then had its plates switched.

Type of Tow is important for liability purposes.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
            These all sound good. Anyone got anything they can send me if I PM my email address?
            I don't but you can make one very easily with Microsoft Word or Excel. I'll do it for $20.00.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

To add to what the others have posted we also take a photo of the vehicle but in such a manner that it clearly shows the vehicle to be illegally parked, example with a "No Standing" sign directly beside/behind/in front of the vehicle.

Comment

I tried to create it on Word, Excel, and Access and I cannot print it on 1 sheet of paper.

Comment

This sounds like your management team needs to contact a Technology Management Firm to help you manage your technology and create good forms. I would suggest a firm that has private security experience, such as this one.

That's just me.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
                    I tried to create it on Word, Excel, and Access and I cannot print it on 1 sheet of paper.
                    It's easy, just takes practice. Fool around with it a bit more

I can't find any of our tow forms we used over the summer. But, if i recall:

make and model, VIN, tag, date, location, officer, time, towing company called, etc. We had to forward a copy to the local PD as well.
                    If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

"People look to you to dig them out of life threatening dung - that is an awesome responsibility and should be honoured with your blood and sweat in preparation for the day when you may have to work very hard to save someone you might not even know or like. If you are terrible at your job, somebody gets blinded/maimed/disfigured or killed."-Slack

Comment

Originally posted by tacscuba View Post
                      It's easy, just takes practice. Fool around with it a bit more

I can't find any of our tow forms we used over the summer. But, if i recall:

make and model, VIN, tag, date, location, officer, time, towing company called, etc. We had to forward a copy to the local PD as well.
                      I have been fooling around with it for months. No dice. Thats why I was hoping someone could send me the form.

Comment

Here at the college, we use the same form that is used by local law enforcement. works fine.
                        Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

Nobody have anything they can send me?

Comment

If you cant fit it on one printed sheet, just reduce the font size or move the cells closer together. If this doesn't work, just reformat your categories so that everything fits. You can keep checking "print preview" to see what its going to look like after its printed.
                            Support Our Military
                            Brigade QM

Comment

When I am at work next with a few minutes, I will send you a copy
                              Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X