Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arff312
    replied
    Our uniforms are almost exact copies of the local Police. Our badges are the same shape, color etc... The only difference is our patch. Private companies can not do that But we are a government entity so we can. There is also plans to change us from security to police here soon and put those of us not already been to a academy through one. Our department also pays for use ot go through an academy so long as we promise to stay for at least a year.

Leave a comment:

• officerchick
    replied
    Andy, thanks for the link. I looked at it, and they do have some nice stuff. If only I can talk my company into not using the cheap stuff, and/or the property manager into following up on promising new uniforms.

I've had the "blazer" style uniforms in women's size/cut before. But when the last manager changed the uniform, she went with one that is only offered by our supplier in men's sizes. Maybe I can talk them into looking at some of the uniorms from your link.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    Originally posted by officerchick View Post
    My uniform is of the "blazer" style. I generally prefer this to the "hard" lines, but only because of fit. With my current uniform, I have the same problem as with "hard" uniforms - they are (almost) always cut only to men's sizes. Not being a man, this does not fit me properly, especially in the pants. The waist is invariably at least two sizes too big, but I can't have a smaller size because, well, I'm not a man. As for the shirts, they do better overall, but the sleeves always wind up being too long. My uniform shirt now is a short sleeve, but the sleeves go below my elbows. The blazer makes me feel like a kid playing dress-up, as the sleeves cover my hands.

If I were able to have a "hard" uniform in a cut that actually fit, and not made of dirt cheap, itchy material, I think I would prefer that.
    They do make uniforms, duty belts etc. in sizes/cuts for women. I have purchased some when I have had female officers working for me. However the cheapest stuff tends to be for men. Check out www.galls.com

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
    Just out of curiousity - do they have security officers at Nudist colonies and what colour are their uniforms ?
    Flesh colored!

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Just out of curiousity - do they have security officers at Nudist colonies and what colour are their uniforms ?

Leave a comment:

• gcmc security part 2
    replied
    Originally posted by Arff312 View Post
    We wear Black Polo or Button down shirts with Black pants and full duty belt. We are the only dept able to do this because we are gov't emp;oyees. I will post it as soon as i get a pic.
    I'm confused, why are you the only ones allowed to do that? Does your state regulate what color uniforms S/Os can wear?

Leave a comment:

• Arff312
    replied
    We wear Black Polo or Button down shirts with Black pants and full duty belt. We are the only dept able to do this because we are gov't emp;oyees. I will post it as soon as i get a pic.

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    I do know of some suppliers here in Australia that do Chick Shirts and have Chick duty belts (basketweave leather sorry) and would have thought they would have been standard around the globe.

I agree that most women (even those built for them) do not look as presentable in the mens cut shirts.

Leave a comment:

• officerchick
    replied
    My uniform is of the "blazer" style. I generally prefer this to the "hard" lines, but only because of fit. With my current uniform, I have the same problem as with "hard" uniforms - they are (almost) always cut only to men's sizes. Not being a man, this does not fit me properly, especially in the pants. The waist is invariably at least two sizes too big, but I can't have a smaller size because, well, I'm not a man. As for the shirts, they do better overall, but the sleeves always wind up being too long. My uniform shirt now is a short sleeve, but the sleeves go below my elbows. The blazer makes me feel like a kid playing dress-up, as the sleeves cover my hands.

If I were able to have a "hard" uniform in a cut that actually fit, and not made of dirt cheap, itchy material, I think I would prefer that.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    We're not gonna get into a "Boxers or Briefs" debate, are we???
    Sarge~
    I sure hope not!

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by ddog View Post

But underwear may be an individual thing unless the company is willing to pay for them like black shoes, lol.
    We're not gonna get into a "Boxers or Briefs" debate, are we???

Leave a comment:

• ddog
    replied
    Originally posted by badge212 View Post

No she's not undercover, just off duty . . .
    No White collars and suntan lotion to worry about. Nice.

However, I did notice 2 different undershirt colors which is non-uniform matching. But underwear may be an individual thing unless the company is willing to pay for them like black shoes, lol.
    Last edited by ddog; 10-18-2007, 06:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• badge212
    replied
    Our uniforms

No she's not undercover, just off duty . . .

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Wow, Sgt... Those are some awfully shiny patches on that paramedic's shoulders! LOL (Or is it just the pic?)
    Actually, the gold stitching on them is a sort of metalic gold thread. It does look kinda prissy... But then our patches kinda remind me of "Rainbow Bright."

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ...On the other hand, you have companies who supply the very cheapest stuff available, without regards to quality or appearance.

The place I work for now supplied duty gear so cheap my weapon magazines ripped the pouches the first time they were inserted.

Our uniforms are the worst I've ever worn...I took the shirts to a local dry cleaner whom I trust, and he told me they would never hold a crease. I still had him do them, with extra starch. I got them back looking superb, and hung them up still in the plastic. When I took the first one out to wear for work, it literally looked like it had been rolled up in a ball and stored in a cat box. I've given up on ironing them; so has everyone I work with.

The badges they supplied are plastic; with a metal pin attached. I swore they were plastic and no one believed me, so we ran them through the x-ray machine. The only metal is the pin and roller thing on the back.

They at first issued us handcuffs straight from Taiwan; the bottom-line HWC ones. When the feds complained our key weren't compatible with theirs, they grudgingly issued everyone Smith and Wessons.

It's not always the guard's fault the uniforms look bad...And I don't care enough to buy my own uniforms to wear to work.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X