Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uniforms

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
    What really is the difference between the "P" and "S" jacket buttons?
    p=police
    s=sheriff
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by histfan71
      I vote for the green. It is a very sharp look, especially with a gold badge and gold nametag. Instead of the piping you mention think about gold "P" buttons on the shirt pocket flaps and epaulettes.

      I have never liked stripes on pants because I always think it makes you look like a bellboy.
      Agreed. I'm thinking of putting the little silver buttons on the pocket flaps and epaulettes of the "regular uniform." BDUs, of course, won't be cursed with the shinies. Emboridery all the way.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Tennsix
        p=police
        s=sheriff
        "S" could also stand for Security as well.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by medic15al
          "S" could also stand for Security as well.
          Yes, that could apply as well but sheriff is what "S" means on the buttons. Personally, I hate those things. I used to wear them at my previous dept and i hated them with a passion.
          I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
          -Lieutenant Commander Data
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Tennsix
            Yes, that could apply as well but sheriff is what "S" means on the buttons. Personally, I hate those things. I used to wear them at my previous dept and i hated them with a passion.
            They make ones that are just brushed metal, they tend to look nice, but not "too nice," like the P and S buttons.

            Uniformity sells them, I think IPC uses them.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

            "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

            Comment


            • #51
              Personal opinion - Leave the metal buttons for the jackets... They look gaudy & out of place on the uniform shirts...

              //.02
              Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
              Originally posted by ValleyOne
              BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
              Shoulda called in sick.
              Be safe!

              Comment


              • #52
                I wore the silver buttons on my uniform when I worked for LA Dept of Corrections. They were a required part of the uniform and were a constant pain in the butt.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by EMTGuard; 10-15-2007, 09:11 PM. Reason: updated photo link
                Hospital Security Officer

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Bridgegate
                  Personal opinion - Leave the metal buttons for the jackets... They look gaudy & out of place on the uniform shirts...

                  //.02
                  Thinking about it, the jackets are probably going to be 5.11 5-in-1s (That should keep people warm without suffocating people), so I may just drop the damn buttons all together.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

                  "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I perfered the La DOC Field Unifrom that the Field Unit wore when taking inmates out on work details. Blue BDUs with boonie hat to keep the sun off of your head while standing or sitting on horseback all day while inmates worked in the gardens. Nearly everyone had a Camelback hydration system. Officers were armed with both a revolver and a Mini-14 rifle or shotgun.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by EMTGuard; 10-15-2007, 09:11 PM. Reason: update photo link
                    Hospital Security Officer

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by EMTGuard
                      I perfered the La DOC Field Unifrom that the Field Unit wore when taking inmates out on work details. Blue BDUs with boonie hat to keep the sun off of your head while standing or sitting on horseback all day while inmates worked in the gardens. Nearly everyone had a Camelback hydration system. Officers were armed with both a revolver and a Mini-14 rifle or shotgun.
                      Embroidered or metal badge?
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

                      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                        Embroidered or metal badge?
                        Patch sewed on to the BDU shirt.
                        The word HUNT on the patch means the officer works at Elayn Hunt Correctional Center.
                        Attached Files
                        Hospital Security Officer

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by EMTGuard
                          Patch sewed on to the BDU shirt.
                          The word HUNT on the patch means the officer works at Elayn Hunt Correctional Center.
                          Embroidered patches are always superior to silkscreen or metal badges on BDUs. Thanks.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

                          "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                            What DOES make uniform pants blouse out like that, anyway? Are you wearing calvary pants? Are they a size too big?

                            I know that a wrinkled front (horizontal wrinkles going up the lap area) indicates the pants are one half size too small. I don't know what causes the "Han Solo" look, though.
                            They don't blouse. They are the correct size. Perhaps I should get a better photo of that. They are creased in the front. The Han Solo comment was a smartass take on the red stripe on the side of the black pants, the same as what the movie character wore with a black vest.
                            "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by 1stWatch
                              They don't blouse. They are the correct size. Perhaps I should get a better photo of that. They are creased in the front. The Han Solo comment was a smartass take on the red stripe on the side of the black pants, the same as what the movie character wore with a black vest.
                              Heh. If I remember correctly, Han Solo wore calvary pants that were black with the red stripe.

                              Also, you get problems with Marines asking how you earned your Blood Stripe?
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

                              "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                                Heh. If I remember correctly, Han Solo wore calvary pants that were black with the red stripe.

                                Also, you get problems with Marines asking how you earned your Blood Stripe?
                                That's what these are, black with a red stripe. Problems with Marines? Not at all.
                                "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

                                Comment

                                Leaderboard

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X